Manager of Special Projects and Data - The Mind Trust
- 15-Mar-2021 to 14-Apr-2021
- - Mind Trust
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 403b retirement plan, and paid time off.
The Manager of Special Projects and Data will support The Mind Trust's work around both measuring and monitoring progress and effectiveness of programs, and researching, synthesizing, and advocating for policy conditions that are conducive to growing the number of high-quality public schools in Indianapolis.
Organization Overview: The Mind Trust is an Indianapolis-based education nonprofit that works to build a system of schools that gives every student in Indianapolis, no exceptions, access to a high-quality education. The Mind Trust is a high-impact organization with a fast-paced environment and an emphasis on outcomes. The organization prides itself on its inclusive and dynamic culture, with a focus on quantitative measures and continuous improvement, and is highly collaborative and team-oriented, while also offering a flexible work environment. The organization strives to be anti-racist in all its programming, policies and procedures.
The Manager of Special Projects and Data will support The Mind Trust's (TMT) work around both measuring and monitoring progress and effectiveness of programs, and researching, synthesizing, and advocating for policy conditions that are conducive to growing the number of high-quality, public autonomous schools in Indianapolis.
Additionally, the Manager will spearhead other initiatives and projects that directly contribute to The Mind Trust's strategic priorities. The Manager will serve as a key member of TMT's Strategy & Special Projects Team, working closely with both the Sr Vice President of Strategy and the Sr Director of Special Projects, but reporting to the Sr Director of Special Projects. The Manager will place a particular focus on researching and recommending key policy changes in order to ensure the success and long-term sustainability of Innovation Network Schools. Additionally, the Manager will create, maintain, and refine sophisticated data systems to effectively project and measure the impact of TMT's programmatic investments. The Manager will regularly analyze TMT's progress and recommend potential strategic investment shifts to ensure progress against the organization's priorities and goals. Finally, the Manager will support the Strategy & Special Project Team's systems and take on additional projects that strengthen TMT's overall work and further the organization's progress toward its mission.
Given that The Mind Trust is a dynamic, team-oriented organization, the Manager will work closely with other members of the Strategy & Special Projects team. The Manager will also work closely with TMT's other functional teams to provide necessary data and information, or to create new metrics, models or projections for communications, development and programmatic purposes.
Policy & Research
- Support The Mind Trust's efforts to research, synthesize, and advocate (within our parameters as a 501c3) for policies that promote the growth and sustainability of high-quality autonomous schools
- Review state and local policies, evaluate their effectiveness, and make recommendations for improvements
- Participate in generating tangible policy solutions to identified barriers to high-quality, public autonomous schools growth or implementation
- Work with the team to communicate policy ideas to broader audiences, ensuring that the communications and development teams (in particular) have the necessary data and research to cite
- Serve as the in-house "national expert" on key issues in education reform, pushing the Strategy & Special Projects team to gain critical national context that can be applied to Indianapolis
- Stay up-to-date on the most critical national education issues by monitoring national news, researching leading organizations, keeping abreast of the most cutting-edge school designs, and understanding federal education policy changes
- Regularly brief the Strategy & Special Projects team – and broader TMT staff when appropriate – on national trends in education
- Identify and recommend potential policy or programmatic solutions to ensure equitable implementation of a system of high-quality autonomous schools (e.g., special education or transportation solutions)
- Serve as TMT's expert on all school performance and demographic data, as well as all metrics to project and evaluate The Mind Trust's impact and programmatic effectiveness
- Regularly identify and analyze school data, including but not limited to: annual standardized assessment data, demographic and enrollment data, population data, and other data when needed
- Develop and maintain dashboards, databases and, data sets work across all of TMT's teams
- Develop, manage, and refine systems to effectively steward TMT's investments and programs in order to maximize their effectiveness in growing high-quality schools in Indianapolis
- Develop comprehensive tracking and management systems, a dynamic dashboard to chart progress in real-time, and efficient reporting systems
- Make strategic recommendations to the Leadership Team to ensure effective deployment of the resources
- Support the development of Special Project proposals, including:
- Conducting background research on new initiatives or partners
- Working closely with the Sr Director of Special Projects to provide input on budget projections
- Support and lead, where appropriate, special projects; examples include:
- Developing data systems related to individual projects
- Managing ongoing data collection and tracking when necessary
- Providing relevant research and data for projects as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Research and data analysis
- Analyze school performance, demographic, economic, and other data as required to support the efforts of special projects as necessary
- Serve as an advisor to the SVPs on local and national education issues
- Propose new projects and work streams to continuously advance TMT's mission
- Support the Schools team in recruitment and selection efforts when appropriate
- Support the SVPs and the rest of the Strategy & Special Projects team in creating project budgets to ensure effective projection of revenues and expenses
- Track and manage payments and invoices related to individual project budgets
- Manage creation and execution of agreements for individual projects
- Serve as a liaison to TMT's Sr Director of Finance to ensure alignment between the Strategy & Special Projects team budget and projected expenses
- Lead and manage the SSP team systems to ensure alignment and effective management of resources
- Manage all contracting process and budget tracking for the Strategy & Special Projects Team
- Support the development of team meeting agendas and other team systems
- Serve as the Strategy & Special Projects Team Salesforce Expert
- Ensure proper implementation of Salesforce by Strategy & Special Projects team
- Build and maintain relevant dashboards, reports and systems within Salesforce for all Strategy & Special Projects team functions
- Support other functional teams as necessary in utilizing Salesforce with their specific data
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for The Mind Trust's mission
- Ability to operate with significant autonomy and function in a high-energy, dynamic environment
- High levels of personal ownership and drive, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to "manage laterally" and "manage up"
- Deep knowledge of education policy and reform, the charter sector, and education entrepreneurship preferred
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to manage several simultaneously tasks and projects
- Possesses a spirit of flexibility, an openness to feedback, and a commitment to continuous learning
- Critical thinker who displays good judgment in prioritizing problems to resolve and opportunities to pursue
- Significant experience with Salesforce or a similar system preferred
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
The Mind Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.