Diversity & Inclusion Officer - Damien Center
- 15-Mar-2021 to 14-Apr-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Human Resources & Operations Team
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
The Diversity & Inclusion Officer is an exciting new addition to our organization. This role will advance Damien Center's diversity and inclusion initiatives consistent with the mission and values of the organization, by recommending, developing, implementing, and managing both internal and external diversity related strategies, partnerships, programs, and initiatives. This position will report to the President & CEO of Damien Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- Identify inequities among service provision for clients.
- Provide internal team training and continued team development related to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Developing collaborations with external agencies, organizations and community partners serving diverse populations
- Assure diverse recruitment outreach for current position openings in tandem with the talent team.
- Investigate equity issues for team members and clients in conjunction with leadership.
- Monitor diversity efforts within the board of directors and other internal governance committees.
- Promote and encourage a diverse volunteer base through community outreach coupled with the donor relations team.
- Track and solicit minority/women owned vendors and cultivate those continued relationships.
- Identify potential diverse donors through outreach and in parallel with the donor relations team.
- Establish internal and external diversity and inclusion programs and committees.
- Attend and network at community events.
- Create strategic diversity initiatives and oversee these programs with leadership.
- Create and manage the Damien Center diversity and inclusion plan.
- Marketing materials and physical space are representative and have received feedback.
- Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree required. Advanced degree or D&I certification preferred, but not required. Proven ability to create, lead, and implement successful D&I strategies. At least 5 years of related experience preferred.
Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Experience in working in or with desired. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.