Finance Specialist (New Position)- Damien Center
- 15-Mar-2021 to 28-Apr-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
The Finance Specialist provides professional administrative departmental support and collaboration to the Finance Team, and cross functionally across the organization. This position receives, reviews, and processes vendor invoices and customer payments, along with a variety of tracking and reporting of financial transactions. The Finance Specialist will demonstrate a strong attention to detail with the ability to work with management, staff, vendors, and clients to accomplish the strategic goals of the Finance and Damien Center teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
• Reviews incoming vendor invoices and verifies all transaction details.
• Obtains authorization for payment in accordance with financial policies.
• Researches and resolves financial discrepancies.
• Reconciles vendor statements.
• Enters transactions into accounting platforms for payment and ensures invoices are funneled to the appropriate team member for processing.
• Assists with check printing, signing, scanning of all documentation, and mailing of checks.
• Tracks and monitors all credit card purchases and obtains appropriate receipt documentation.
• Enters payment of credit cards and reconciles monthly.
• Conducts research for best pricing alternatives in accordance with policies.
• Reviews employee mileage and expense reimbursement requests.
• Assists with expense and revenue analysis and budgeting.
• Provides various reporting on a weekly and/or monthly basis.
• Logs checks received, scans and files appropriate documentation.
• Records insurance and client payments received into electronic medical record (EMR) platform.
• Assists with invoice creation and submission; follows up on outstanding payments; assists with posting payments to customer accounts.
• Assists with revenue analysis and budgeting.
• Performs other monthly reconciliations.
• Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
• Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents in appropriate electronic and physical locations; assists with removal of documents for off-site storage according to records retention policies.
• Covers the front desk for daily lunch coverage and during other times as needed.
• Other financial and/or departmental administrative duties as requested.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required. Associates or bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred. Two to three years of accounting experience required, with five or more years preferred. Experience in nonprofit and/or medical setting preferred. Superior organizational skills with attention to detail required. Experience working in the nonprofit sector or medical setting preferred, but not required.
Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer