Career Education and Training Academy Coordinator – Edna Martin Christian Center
- 15-Mar-2021 to 14-Apr-2021
- - Edna Martin Christian Center
- Indianaplis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Department: Workforce Development and Entrepreneurship
The Career Education and Training Academy Manager is responsible for providing integrated services that focus on improving the financial situation for low to moderate income families by helping people boost earnings, reduce expenses, and make appropriate financial decisions that lead to assets building. CETA provides individuals and families with services across four critical and interconnected areas:
- Employment placement, job retention and skill improvement
- Financial coaching and counseling
- Access to income supports/public benefits
- Educational and occupational skills training and development
- Responsible for the overall management and growth of the Career Education and Training Academy towards sustainability and meeting neighborhood/client needs.
- Responsible for ensuring the approaches and best practices of the Center for Working Families model are honored in program design, evaluation, and implementation.
- Work in collaboration with development department to develop, revise and update program budgets and performance systems.
- Develop Memorandums of Understanding and independent contracts with partners and vendors.
- Develop and maintain program flow-charts, manuals, systems, and policies and procedures.
- Work in collaboration with management to seek grant opportunities and develop funding proposals
- Accountable for job placement program implementation, training, monitoring, and reporting; ability to manage multiple workforce funding sources (private and government)
- Plan and lead jobs fairs, recruitment plans and efforts
- Work in collaboration with independent contractors to evaluate overall department operations, products including job readiness and career development curricula.
- Innovation to meet the dynamic and changing needs of target population and staff
- Responsible for the hiring, training, evaluating and overall supervision of staff
- Support staff in developing their Professional Development Plans, encourage and nourish their innovation and ownership of program outcomes
- Develop job descriptions and effective recruitment and hiring
- Develop and maintain working relationships with program funders, partners, employers, institutions, and other not-for-profit organizations to meet client/neighborhood needs and ensure program success
- Responsible for supervising the effective utilization of the Center for Working Families' outcomes tracking system (ETO)
- Responsible for reporting to program funders and other key stakeholders
- Effectively utilize data and outcomes to drive program decisions and design.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in stressful environment, and adapt to change quickly.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Valid Driver's License and have the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle, as
demonstrated by good driving record
- Up to date Fingerprints/background check
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited institution preferred
- Previous work experience in the social services sector preferred
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with clients and team members
- Previous work experience with the target population, and/or the ability to provide services in a culturally sensitive manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Internet and Resources Savvy
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.