Executive Director - 100 Black Men of Indianapolis, Inc.
- 15-Mar-2021 to 14-Apr-2021
- - 100 Black Men of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The 100 Black Men of Indianapolis, Inc is a 501(c)(3) youth development organization that was founded in 1984 and serves several hundred Indianapolis youth each year through mentoring-based educational programs. The 100 is comprised of members and volunteers of diverse backgrounds and experiences with a common commitment to help children. Our members exemplify our motto, "What They See is What They'll Be", by volunteering as role models and mentors for youth involved in the 100's programs.
In seeking our new Executive Director, the 100 Black Men of Indianapolis, Inc Board of Directors and Search Committee will be looking for a strong, innovative leader who is experienced in carrying out a strategic growth plan aligned with our mission. The ability to strengthen existing key programs and initiatives, possesses financial acumen, and has knowledge and experience in securing grants and outside funding.
Organization Mission and Strategy – (25%)
- Support comprehensive and innovative mentoring programs and models that are engaging and impactful for mentees and mentors and develop evaluative metrics and process
- Work with the board to drive, document, and implement strategic plans, including establishingorganizational benchmarks and systems to monitor mission-aligned outcomes. Leverage the strengths,resources and expertise of the membership to drive mission and work, including alignment with other100BMOI local and national chapters.
- Coordinate the participation of 100BMOI national chapter events, initiatives and efforts.
- Ensure that officers and board members are engaged on committees or projects to maximizeorganizational capacity.
- Administer and implement all major board approved policies.
- Provide clear direction and leadership to staff/program officers to ensure achievement of organization's annual goals and objectives in results-oriented culture.
- Manage and supervise staff, consultants, volunteers, and interns and evaluate performance by setting work tasks, performance goals and success indicators to ensure high competency to meet organizationalneeds.
Fundraising & External Relations(40%)
- Expand fundraising capacity by developing grants management and stewardship processes and providing
oversight and coordination of fundraising events.
- Publicly represent 100BMOI and communicate organizational vision with external constituency groups in- including community, potential partners, funders, governmental, and private organizations and buildexcitement for 100BMOI's mission and work.
- Develop public relations strategy that provides maximum visibility for the organization and its programs and services.
- Recruit, train and monitor members and mentors.
- Prepare annual reports for the 100 Black Men Inc. that reflect the status of financial condition,organizational priorities, programs and impact.
- Ensure the continued financial viability through sound fiscal management for 100BMOI funding.
- Provide oversight of new initiatives and create atmosphere that supports the attraction and retention of financial, professional and other supporters to the organization.
- Participate in all event, program and mentoring committee meetings.
- Accountable to the members and will present activities at all General Membership meetings.
- Accountable to the Board and will provide a report at each scheduled Board meeting.
- Will work with our General Counsel on any contractual matters related to the chapter.
- Management of all external vendors that provide services to the chapter.
- Responsible to review and add value to our strategic plan on a regular basis
- Minimum BS/BA degree with a minimum of eight to ten (8-10) years' experience in business administration / management, including at least three (3) years in a leadership capacity; advanced degree/certifications and experience with not-for-profit management highly desired;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, management and leadership skills;
- Exhibits good judgment and analytical skills required to anticipate organizational changes;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills and ability to effectively communicate and interact comfortably and effectively with senior corporate executives, elected officials and foundation directors; a compelling spokesperson on be- half of the organization mission and vision;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to work with internal and external constituents; aperson of high integrity who will be respected by professionals, civic leaders, corporations, foundations and government officials;
- Possesses strong organizational development and project management skills able to oversee and handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, including skills in technology and social mediacommunications; and demonstrated commitment to youth and community development.
- Organizational growth orientation, initiative and results-driven, leads with vision, external relationship builder/representative , strategic thinker, and emotionally aware.
The position may require the performance of other essential and non-essential job duties in addition to those mentioned above which will be determined at the discretion of 100BMOIs Search Committee, Chair and/or Board.
The 100 Black Men of Indianapolis, Inc. is committed to assuring that:
All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are pro- vided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law;
Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action
All personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, training, and participation in social and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, dis- ability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.