Staff Accountant - Exodus Refugee Immigration, Inc.
- 15-Mar-2021 to 14-Apr-2021
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- starting at $50,000
- Full Time
- 401(k) and competitive health insurance options
Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc. is seeking a Staff Accountant to oversee fiscal operations of the agency, including but not limited to budget creation and monitoring, oversight and adjustment of grant spending, financial reporting, payroll, 401(k) administration, audit preparation, and bookkeeping/accounting related activities.
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees and other immigrants of humanitarian concern to Indiana. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, English and cultural orientation, employment placement, and mental health services for individuals and families starting new lives in the Indianapolis area. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3) non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works in partnership with the Department of State's Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM); the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), and Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
- Evaluate, develop, and recommend fiscal policies and procedures that will result in sound fiscal management of the agency.
- Conduct all bookkeeping functions, including but not limited to check writing, credit card postings, and monitoring bank transactions and cash balances.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate financial operating results.
- Provide timely and complete reporting of finances for necessary actions to maintain the fiscal health of the organization.
- Conduct all accounting functions and maintain all official accounting records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain payroll operations to ensure the efficient handling of employees' pay, deductions, and benefit payments including 401(k) deductions.
- Oversee the appropriate spending of Federal, State, and private grants.
- Conduct month-end closing process including account reconciliations, accruing revenue and deferred revenue, and other month-end accounting transactions.
- Manage year-end financial processes with appropriate reporting.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Board of Directors to create the annual agency budget.
- Regularly review the agency budget with senior management team.
- Coordinate with outside auditors to facilitate the annual financial audit.
- Other tasks as directed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- A minimum of two years of finance and/or accounting experience.
- Experience collaborating with a diverse and dynamic team.
- Proficient in use of database systems, online banking systems, QuickBooks, and Excel.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls. Please provide salary expectations in your cover letter if different from the advertised range amount.