President - Arts for Learning Indiana
- 15-Mar-2021 to 14-Apr-2021
- - Arts for Learning
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Full Time
- In addition to observed holidays, employees get at least 3 weeks of PTO and health benefits (including dental, vision, and life insurance). Employees also have the option of 403b enrollment through TIAA.
The Board of Directors is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of President of Arts for Learning, The Indiana Affiliate of Young Audiences. The President will be a visionary, forward-thinking leader who is a passionate advocate for the arts and Arts for Learning's mission.
About the Organization
Arts for Learning is the premier provider of arts education programs for youth in Indiana. Each year, we partner with schools and community organizations throughout the state to engage approximately 40,000 youth in the arts. With our roster of teaching artists, we offer creative learning experiences to empower youth and transform education.
Arts for Learning empowers youth and expands their learning through creative arts experiences.
Arts for Learning envisions a future where all youth have access to engage in creative arts experiences.
Arts for Learning values high-quality, participatory arts experiences that nurture creativity, build cultural understanding, and improve learning and life skills.
The President's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and implements a strategic vision for the organization strategies aimed to achieve programming, financial, and other goals set by a strategic plan and the Board of Directors
- Follows Arts for Learning's established DEI policy and actively works to make Arts for Learning an anti-racist organization
- Provides leadership in strategic planning, working towards responsible growth while maintaining excellence in programming
- Develops and administers the annual operating budget with the controller and accountant and input from staff
- Manages day-to-day operations with responsibility for oversight of financial operations and human resources
- Directly supervises team leaders (senior director of programs and development director), accountant, and contracted controller. Works with the board and appropriate committees to ensure the artistic, educational and financial integrity of programs
- Oversees development and fundraising, working closely with the development director, board, and appropriate committees to identify and solicit funds and in- kind services and to plan special events
- Works with grants and stewardship coordinator to research and write grant proposals to foundations, corporations and individuals
- Keeps current on arts in education advocacy issues as well as government funding opportunities on the local, state, and federal level, and is proactive in developing new collaborative programs with school districts, and community organizations
- Serves as the staff media representative and is responsible for the organization's public relations and marketing, with direct supervision by director of development and support from the board's public relations and marketing committee
- Represents Arts for Learning in the local arts and cultural community and on a statewide level, as required
- Serves as liaison to Young Audiences, Inc. by participating in the Executive Director Council meetings and network working groups
- Other duties as determined by Arts for Learning Board of Directors
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of organizational leadership experience, or any combination of education and experience equivalent to 9+ years
- Understanding of Indiana schools, community programs, and the Indianapolis community
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills
- Financial literacy, including an understanding of complex budgets and non-profit business structures
- Proven fundraising track record
- Programmatic experience as a professional artist or working with professional artists
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of technology and social media
- Understanding of legal contracts
Applications accepted through April 16th
Click the APPLY button to apply through our website.