Harm Reduction Program Manager - Damien Center
- 15-Mar-2021 to 14-Apr-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
Position Summary: The Harm Reduction Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Harm Reduction and Safe Syringe Program (SSP). This position will establish and maintain relationships with community stakeholders and organize community-informed priorities for the SSP. The Program Manager will also be responsible for coordination with other Damien Center programs to ensure low-barrier access to services for needs beyond our scope of delivery. The Program Manager will supervise the Harm Reduction Team and assist with one-on-one service delivery when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
● Determine priority populations to be served by The Harm Reduction and SSP and implement strategies to reach those populations with services.
● Develop and implement safe syringe services at Damien Center.
● Understand community needs and systems available to address and overcome barriers.
● Ensure the successful completion of grant deliverables, reporting, and timely documentation of program activities.
● Maintain harm reduction best practices and compliance with Indiana State Code as it relates to harm reduction safe syringe services.
● Coordinate community events, one-on-one targeted outreach, in-person visits and/or phone calls as appropriate to facilitate services and fulfill client needs.
● Facilitate the provision of training and capacity building for harm reduction team members.
● Establish relationships and partnerships with community-based organizations and businesses, correctional facilities, and coalitions for the purpose of reaching priority populations with harm reduction services.
● Create referral processes for harm reduction clients to be connected with other services of Damien Center or other external organizations and partners.
● Ensure program expenditures are eligible per the grant and maintain program budgets.
● Order and maintain an adequate stock of harm reduction supplies.
● Coordinate and facilitate harm reduction and Naloxone training opportunities for community stakeholders.
● Supervise the team of Harm Reduction Specialists and Peer Recovery Coaches.
● Maintain knowledge of HIV care, STIs, risk reduction, mental health issues, case management and other related topics through self-study and training participation.
● Able to collaborate and achieve best practices related to quality improvement and data-informed programs.
● Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED required. Two plus years' experience in this field required.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Mental health and addictions knowledge preferred. Experience working in the field of harm reduction preferred. Experience working with diverse populations, including individuals with HIV/AIDS preferred.
Some weekend and evening work required as needed. Individuals with lived experience with active substance use, recovery, the sex industry, homelessness, and/or the criminal justice system preferred.
Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer