VP of Advancement & Marketing - Red Envelope
- 22-Mar-2021 to 21-Apr-2021
- - Red Envelope
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Red Envelope is seeking a VP of Advancement & Marketing for a non-profit, college access readiness organization. In partnership with the president, this position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new corporate, foundation and individual relationships to build organizational visibility, impact, and financial resources. The VP, Advancement & Marketing will also design and implement a comprehensive plan for increasing the Organization's awareness and reputation across Indiana.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Vice President (VP), Advancement & Marketing serves as a key leadership team member.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Support and partner with the president and board members on all major fundraising initiatives
- Collaborate with the finance contractor, president and the finance committee of the board to develop and implement the financial strategy which may include the creation of an endowment plan
- Actively work with the president and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate support, foundation grants, individual giving, etc.
- Cultivate corporate and community relationships to support recruitment of volunteer mentors
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of grant proposals; write and select archive proposals and grant reports with a long-term relationship-management approach
- Oversee research of funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position the Organization ahead of major funding changes or trends
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and president
- Develop and implement a stewardship and donor retention program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
- Ensure maintenance of complete and accurate donor information and maintain up-to-date donor platform infrastructure
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
- Identify, develop, and mentor the development team and external fundraising partner resources
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
Red Envelope Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral with an ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Master's Degree.
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of the Organization.
Click the APPLY button to apply now.