Administrative Linkage to Care Specialist - Damien Center
- 22-Mar-2021 to 21-Apr-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
The Administrative Linkage to Care Specialist provides intensive, patient-centered services for persons living with HIV/AIDS who are at risk of, or have recently fallen out of medical care, case management, housing services, or other supportive services. The specialist conducts assessments on issues as identified by the client. This position will coordinate with internal staff and programs to identify candidates who are facing difficult life situations and who engages with the clients to minimize barriers to care. This position requires an organized focus on various administrative duties including record-keeping, departmental statistics, client transportation, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
• Coordinate internally with programs to identify clients who are at risk of falling out of care.
• Provide assessment of medication adherence, housing status, substance use, mental health status, and other barriers that may increase the likelihood of falling out of care.
• Identify clients who have not renewed their Ryan White status or are no longer attending appointments within the recent three months.
• Conduct targeted outreach, mailings, in-person visits, and/or phone calls as appropriate to facilitate re-entry into care.
• Directly advocate for clients to seek and remain in primary medical care and infectious disease care.
• Assess, identify, and develop a plan to address potential and real barriers to care.
• Provide newly diagnosed clients with referrals for supportive and medical services with accompanying follow-up to ensure that appointments have been attended.
• Document all outreach and results and record case notes on a weekly basis.
• Document performance measures.
• Meet deadlines for the preparation/presentation of quarterly reports and other statistics as needed.
• Arrange transportation for clients to attend doctor and/or care coordination appointments on as needed and/or desired basis.
• Maintain knowledge of HIV/AIDS care, funding sources such as Ryan White Programs and services, risk reduction, mental health issues, case management and other related topics through self-study and training participation.
• Assist in obtaining documents regarding income, medical records, proof of status, and/or proof of insurance for program compliance.
• Establish relationships with appropriate community resources in areas providing partner services, testing, social services, clinical and mental health care to target populations.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or graduation equivalency degree (GED) required; bachelor's degree preferred. Certification in peer recovery coaching preferred, but not required. Knowledge of HIV/AIDS treatment and care required.
Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Leader: Linkage to Care Program Manager
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer