Youth Development Specialist - Adult & Child Health
- 22-Mar-2021 to 21-Apr-2021
- - Adult and Child Health
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- extensive benefits package
Adult & Child Health has served central Indiana as a Community Mental Health Center for over five decades as a 501c(3) not-for-profit organization. We've been a staple in Indianapolis since 1949, originally known as Marion County Child Health Clinic. In 1982, we officially became Adult & Child Health. In 2017, we became a Federally Qualified Health Center, which means we can now deliver primary care to our community. This bridge to becoming an FQHC has provided us the opportunity to improve the whole health of each person we serve.
At Adult & Child Health we believe the need for equality permeates the very mission and services we provide to persons who face all kinds of discrimination and we stand shoulder to shoulder with our community in an effort to support them. We have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration, diversity and innovation across our organization. This environment gives our staff the opportunity to enhance current skills and build new capabilities, while providing excellent care to our clients.
About This Position
Adult & Child Health Youth Development Program is seeking dynamic, positive, and youth-minded individual to fill the role of a Youth Development Specialist. Selected candidates will implement Project I programming to youth between the ages of 16-24 years old in Marion County, Indiana. This program will focus in on youth experiencing homelessness and not already linked to clinical services. The project will focus on healthy growth and development, providing an opportunity for youth to explore and define their goals for the future, identifying natural supports that can be utilized during the transition into adulthood, and increasing access to care through their transition into adulthood.
Adult and Child Health is providing Project I group sessions during the first 6 weeks during Phase 1. The weekly meetings include both educational sessions and pro social events. After the group work is completed, the program will transition into the Critical Intervention Model (CTI) which is a time-limited intervention, lasting around six to nine months. The phases of CTI include, Transition to Community, Try-Out, and Transfer of Care, roughly lasting one to three months each depending on client needs. During Phase 1, the client and Youth Development Specialist will formulate a Spark treatment plan, focusing on selected areas identified as critical in facilitating the client's stability and community assimilation as it relates to transitioned aged youth. During Phase 2, youth will begin to take more responsibility of goals and steps towards strengthening support network that have been established in the community. In the final phase, long term community linkages been established and that they are functioning smoothly. During phase 3, supports will gather in a final reflection and celebration of accomplishments achieved. An ideal candidate would have experience/knowledge in mental health, Adverse Childhood Experiences, LGBTQ+, sexual and reproductive healthcare, and adolescent health care rights. The specialist should possess strong organizational and communication skills and enjoy working as part of an interdisciplinary team. This position will have daytime hours with some evenings as needed. Adult & Child shares a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages all qualified individuals to apply for the position.
Our full-time non-exempt (hourly) Youth Development Specialist helps to support our mission and team so we can work in the most efficient and effective way. You will work Monday - Friday, during core day-time hours but have the opportunity for remote work and flexible scheduling. You will work out of one of our downtown Indianapolis locations.
Due to COVID-19, this position is currently providing both telehealth and in-person services, depending on your client's needs. This role will return back to fully in-person services once safely able to do so. Your Team Leader can help guide you in creating a schedule that meets both our client's needs as well as your own.
What You'll Do
- Implementing and conducting recruitment for the evidenced based model of Critical Time Intervention
- Facilitating group and individual meeting with transitioned aged youth between the ages of 16-24 in Marion County
- Assist with continuous quality improvement, including evaluation of program and services
- Engaging & Linking youth to resources in the community
- Collaboration and outside of the box thinking that provide unique value to key stakeholders and youth that build long-term relationships
- Ensure that the project is taking its innovation/problem solving strategies to key stakeholders in a timely and scalable way that drives program success
- Bachelor's Degree in social work, sociology, psychology, education, gender studies, public health or other like degree
- Experience with Critical Intervention Model; but not required
- Must hold a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record and provide own, insured, transportation
Adult & Child Health offers an extensive benefits package that includes
- Mileage reimbursement
- Work/life balanced flexible scheduling
- Service anniversary program
- Paid Bereavement and Jury-Duty Leave
- Employee Assistance program EAP
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Career advancement opportunities through our Career Path programs that allow you to increase skillset, competencies and your compensation
- 9 paid Holidays
- A generous PTO plan
- Health benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, HSA, FSA, STD and LTD insurance
- Staff Development funds to meet continuous development, training and CEU needs
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.