VISTA Coordinator (part-time) - Indy Hunger Network
- 22-Mar-2021 to 21-Apr-2021
- - Indy Hunger Network
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $25-30/hour, commensurate with experience
- Part Time
part-time (20 hours per week)
The VISTA Coordinator will work with AmeriCorps VISTA members serving with Indy Hunger Network to provide career development guidance, job skill development, and coaching, plan training and networking opportunities, mentor each individual, and assist with job searches and graduate school applications at the end of the VISTA term. This position will handle administrative duties for management of the VISTA program, including recruitment and reporting, and will assist the Indy Hunger Network with communications with donors and the public.
The Indy Hunger Network (IHN) is a collaborative organization made up of non-profit and corporate partners working on hunger relief in the Greater Indianapolis area. IHN's three focus areas are nutrition, access, and sustainability of the food supply in our community. We typically have 6-10 AmeriCorps VISTA members working with the Indy Hunger Network each year on a variety of capacity-building projects aimed at improving the hunger relief system.
- Identify and organize training opportunities to provide career development for VISTAs.
- Work with VISTA members one-on-one to identify areas for growth and coach them as needed in development of job skills.
- Responsible for administrative duties related to VISTA management, including monthly, bi-annual, and annual reports and bi-weekly sponsor verification forms.
- Organize and help partner organizations with recruitment of new VISTA members.
- Assist VISTAs with career planning, resume development, job search, graduate school applications, and interview skills as their terms come to an end.
- Partner with the IHN Executive Director to identify and lead multiple communication activities, including donor acknowledgements and social media posts to increase public awareness of food insecurity and IHN's work.
- College degree
- Experience coaching and mentoring young professionals
- Business or non-profit work experience
- Initiative, self-starter
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Experience with and/or passion for hunger relief work
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.