AR/AP Specialist - JCC Indianapolis
- 22-Mar-2021 to 21-Apr-2021
- - JCC
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
For over 100 years, members of the Indianapolis community have enjoyed a diverse range of services for all ages and interests at the JCC Indianapolis. With recreational, educational and social programs and facilities that include a fitness center, water park, therapy pool, early childhood education center, art gallery, indoor tennis center, basketball courts and more, you can't help but find something to love at the JCC Indianapolis. For more information, visit www.jccindy.org
The AR/AP Specialist is a full-time position that reports to the CFO and is responsible for all aspects of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and maintenance/retention of departmental files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes all billing transactions for the organization;
- Audits cash receipts daily and process corrections and changes;
- Handles all aspects of monthly credit card and EFT draft;
- Troubleshoots general accounting issues with staff and escalate to Staff Accountant as necessary;
- Coordinates collection efforts with management;
- Handles all aspects of monthly statement run;
- Completes periodic reconciliations as assigned by CFO.
- Processes Accounts Payable invoice entry;
- Processes weekly Accounts Payable check run per ageing;
- Processes purchase orders and batching;
- Reviews vendor statements monthly;
- Reviews and resolve vendor inquiries.
- Prepare and distribute annual 1099's;
- Applies scholarship awards and maintain recipient files;
- Provides periodic reports on scholarship awards as requested;
- Processes timely month-end entries including accruals of earned revenue and incurred expense;
- Assists CFO in the planning and implementation of special projects;
- Assists CFO with various daily, weekly, monthly reporting;
- Handles all aspects of document retention for office including filing, documentation retention, storage and/or destruction;
- Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by CFO;
INTERPERSONAL, CUSTOMER SERVICE & COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Requires ability to effectively communicate JCC mission to staff, members. vendors and volunteers;
- Requires high-level skills in customer service/member care, including seamless service delivery to assure that the financial needs of all departments are always a top priority;
- Models the JCC Internal & External Service Standards.
- Exemplifies personal qualities of integrity, credibility and unwavering commitment to the JCC's mission.
- High-school diploma required; Associate's Degree in Accounting (or accounting coursework) preferred
- 2 -3 years of work experience in AR/AP
- Experience with membership billing is a plus
- Excellent math skills and solid working knowledge of intermediate accounting procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with staff, membership and vendors.
- Strong interpersonal skills (including follow through and follow up)
- Self-motivated and positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Must present a professional image, and maintain high level of professional ethics
- Ability to work under deadlines and in a team environment
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to change directions and multi-task
Standard office equipment including computer, calculator, telephone, copier, fax
The work environment is typical of an office setting. Physical activities will include sitting for long periods of time doing computer work, filing (bending/reaching), walking throughout the building, and talking on the phone.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume. Please include salary requirements in cover letter.