Project Manager (New Position) - Damien Center
- 22-Mar-2021 to 21-Apr-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
The Project Manager coordinates and oversees various strategic projects at the direction of the President & CEO and/or in conjunction with other leaders. This individual acts as the primary liaison between project managers, contractors and vendors and leadership. The Project Manager will manage projects, document needs, conduct cost benefit analyses, and recommend strategies and improvements that ensure the highest quality services are offered at Damien Center. The Project Manager will build strong relationships both internally, and externally with vendors, contractors and other providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
• Coordinates various special projects that focus on future services including dental, dietetics, vision, and laboratory operations.
• Investigates the expansion of current services which includes medical, behavioral health, and pharmacy.
• Develops, plans, and documents all details involved in each project.
• Maintains the strategic plan and records updates in collaboration with the President & CEO.
• Oversees other special projects including HCV, HIV Primary Care, and other priority population initiatives including Rural, Transgender, Adolescent, Geriatric, Substance Use, and overall LGBTQ+ healthcare initiatives.
• Revaluates FQHC status in collaboration with leadership.
• Updates, educates, and collaborates with staff about the Ending the Epidemic Plan for Team Damien.
• Assists with other projects that will improve the services and operations of the organization.
• Maintains an active knowledge of grant scopes of work and monitors the ongoing success measures.
• Researches, documents and updates processes, policies and procedures for new services.
• Completes data analysis and reports timely and accurately.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree required. At least two to three years of project management and coordination experience required, Experience in nonprofit and/or medical setting preferred.
Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.