Bookkeeper/Accountant (part-time) - Indiana Library Federation
- 22-Mar-2021 to 21-Apr-2021
- - Indiana Library Federation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary is negotiable.
- Part Time
- ILF offers part-time staff pro-rated benefits.
Part-time, 10-15 hours/week
Indiana Library Federation seeks a part-time Bookkeeper/Accountant to manage financial transactions and reporting, while providing outstanding customer service in a small, nonprofit team. Flexible workday hours.
About the Indiana Library Federation (ILF)
ILF is the statewide nonprofit membership organization serving academic, public, school and special libraries and the people who work in them. ILF manages revenues primarily from personal and institutional memberships, sponsorships, event registrations, and donations/grants. ILF hosts multiple fee-based events per year. The office is on the north side of Indianapolis near 86th and College.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
While not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, the primary duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Utilize an online membership software program for processing memberships, conference registrations, and other transactions.
- Manage and process receivables and payables in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analyze and post all transactions for each month by closing deadline.
- Prepare monthly financial statements using Sage Accounting software.
- Complete all required reports in a timely manner (tax, business entity, charitable gaming, payroll, etc.)
- Run Payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Maintain complete and accurate files for all areas of responsibility.
- Prepare files for an external accounting firm as they audit and prepare year-end financial statements and the IRS Form 990.
- Send donor acknowledgements on a regular basis.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external partners.
- Manage and perform other duties as assigned.
- Note the heaviest workload is August-March, with lighter volume April-July.
- While not included in the currently advertised position, this position may be adapted if candidate brings nonprofit fund development/fund management or financial analysis expertise. Please note your experience in this area.
Must be able to perform each position duty satisfactorily and be physically present during business hours. Education requirements include an Associate's degree in accounting preferred or at least two years of relevant experience in bookkeeping. Must be computer proficient and detail oriented. Experience with online membership services and Sage Accounting software a plus. Effective time management skills are essential to meet monthly deadlines. Organizational and interpersonal skills, ethics, and high integrity are critical to this position.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1) Share your experience with managing financial reports for memberships, conference registrations, and donations. If none, share your most similar experiences.
2) Discuss your approach to reconciling financial records from different systems.
3) Based on the position description, what makes you an ideal candidate for this position?
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter with experience and salary expectations to Lucinda Nord.