International Relocation Specialist (part-time) - The International Center
- 28-Mar-2021 to 27-Apr-2021
- - International Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Fair and competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Part Time
This position provides direct assistance to clients of The International Center throughout their international or domestic relocation to Indiana. This position is responsible for helping professionals and their families acclimate to Indiana by providing expert guidance through their home search, settling-in process, and related activities. Successful International Relocation Specialists are confident users of technology, are comfortable communicating with clients of a variety of nationalities and cultures and take initiative to provide excellent customer service and address challenges that are common to international relocation.
This position is a great opportunity for individuals with a strong customer service background, enthusiasm for working directly with people, confidence using technology, and an interest in Indiana's global connections. This is also a great opportunity for individuals seeking a flexible work schedule rather than set, regular hours.
Part-time, hourly work based on volume of training and assignments
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work in close collaboration with the Relocation Department to provide excellent customer service to clients of The International Center
- Provide excellent direct service to assigned clients. Direct client services may be altered depending on pandemic restrictions, but typically include:
- Client pick-up from airport
- Organize and facilitate home finding and visiting properties
- Organize school visits
- Complete move-in and move-out inspection reports at client properties
- Schedule visits and accompany clients to the Social Security Administration, the BMV, or utility companies
- Provide city orientation tours to the Client and their family by car
- Respond to inquiries from colleagues and clients by email and through the cloud-based portal
- Maintain timely communications with colleagues and clients through email, phone, and the cloud-based technology platform
- Follow all reporting expectations and timelines related to company and client assignments
- Support efficiency and effectiveness of the Relocation Department by providing timely and relevant recommendations to department staff around customer service best practices, resources for clients, technology processes, and both internal and external communication
- Participate in all required orientation programs, supplemental training, and professional development seminars, and take responsibility and initiative for any additional training needed to perform work duties
- Other duties as assigned
III. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
IV. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and colleagues.
Foreign language fluency is desired but not required. Preferred languages include Mandarin, Japanese, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
V. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
VI. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
VII. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Required: valid Indiana driver's license with a good driving record
- Current Real Estate license holders will receive priority as candidates
VIII. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with individuals across diverse cultures and both internal and external audiences through written and verbal means
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and efficiently make decisions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and the cloud-based One-Drive file sharing system
- Ability to quickly adopt and use a cloud-based technology platform for task management, client communications, and reporting
- Ability to work and learn independently and in collaboration with colleagues
- Substantial knowledge of Indianapolis and surrounding cities and confidence navigating this area by car
IX. OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- International background, travel, living overseas or working with global companies and organizations is preferred
- Customer service experience is preferred
- Minimum of 1 year living in the Indianapolis area
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and successfully complete a background check
X. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, sit and use their hands to finger, handle or feel. Occasionally, the employee will need to stand or walk, stoop, kneel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee will rarely need to climb or balance. Physical demands such as crouching, and crawling are limited. The employee will rarely need to taste or smell. The employee will occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and will frequently need to lift up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and to perform normal office computer work.
XI. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to be exposed to an indoor office environment. There may rarely be a risk of electrical shock when dealing with office equipment cords, etc.
Additionally, there are frequently times that the employee would be exposed to any extreme or outdoor weather conditions, or extreme conditions such as humidity, cold or heat not associated with the weather, working in high places, or be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, explosives, radiation, vibration or toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually one of moderate levels such as those in an office setting.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
- Please share and describe your international experience.
- What has been your relocation experience, if any?
- What languages do you speak?
- Do you have any certifications in regard to technology? If no, how would you describe your technical skills knowledge?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office Suite programs are you proficient in: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (email & using Calendar function)
- Tell us how you found out about this position and why you think you meet the needs of it.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample.