Accounts Payable Assistant (part-time) - The Indianapolis Public Library
- 28-Mar-2021 to 14-Apr-2021
- - Indianapolis Public Library
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
Hours: Part-Time (30 hours / week)
Schedule: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday
A successful candidate will...
- Have three to five years of accounts payable experience.
- Have an associate's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Have attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be available to work the scheduled hours.
- Be bilingual (preferred but not required).
What does the job look like?
- Reviews and enters vendor invoices for payment; time/date stamp new invoices; verifies A/P Voucher Cover Form is complete; enters invoice into accounting software; prints Transaction Register; resolves invoice issues and contacts vendors; records vendor information
- Prepares tax forms annually; sends vendors a form for payments; orders and prints tax forms; makes corrections on vendor record; mail all forms to the IRS and keeps a copy for files
- Prepares invoice payments by check and electronic funds transfer; prints checks and separates them accordingly; prints Claim Forms; assembles payments for non-book vendors in specified order; manages and oversees process to ensure correctness
- Sends checks/EFT payments to vendors; places check with engagement letter and form for payment invitation; close Purchase Order per instruction listed on each A/P Voucher; organizes claim paperwork to hand off to appropriate staff member
- Manages Accounts Payable files and Record Retention; files paid Claims paperwork and paid invoices; organizes and maintains files to comply with policy and regulations of the Accounting Department and State
- Selects Purchase Order for invoice payment from Vendor Record; creates new receipts and invoices
- Able to work the normally scheduled work time for this position.
- Able to cope with daily job-related stress.
Note: This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The list of essential functions does not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in this position.
What's In It for You?
We offer our employees a robust compensation package! Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 100% company-paid long term disability, and low rates on group life coverage, generous amounts of PTO and a Library paid pension plan. The Library proudly promotes from within as part of a strong commitment to providing career growth opportunities for employees of all levels.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by Wed., April 14.