Health Coordinator – Fay Biccard Glick Neighborhood Center
- 28-Mar-2021 to 27-Apr-2021
- - Fay Biccard Glick Neighborhood Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Are you a health guru?
FBGNC is looking for an energetic and self-starter who would like to focus on all things HEALTH within our community center
What we are doing:
The Fay Biccard Glick Neighborhood Center (FBGNC) is a 501c3 nonprofit community center that has been a pillar in the Crooked Creek community since 1984. Our organization's mission is to promote civic, social, and personal responsibility in the Crooked Creek area; our services include providing programs that enhance the lives of individuals and families who live on Indianapolis' northwest side.
Our Family Campus focuses on improving the quality of life for all clients, whether young, aging, or most vulnerable populations within our community. Within the Family Campus Model, we are incorporating inter-generational engagement-based programs, which include: dual language preschool programs, the introduction of Science, Technology, Engineering Art, Music and Math (STEAM) based curriculum into our before and aftercare programs, and health initiatives and social service need to support our families within Crooked Creek area.
FBGNC currently has a preschool, food pantry, Farmer's Market, Senior Program, GED/HSE program, and ESL program for residents within the boundaries of West I-465, East- Meridian Street, North- I-465, and South- 38thStreet
What are we looking for?
- Someone who loves working with gardens, plants, and vegetables
- Someone who loves talking with Seniors and concerned about their daily wellbeing
- Someone who truly believes that being healthy is a lifestyle
- Someone willing to try new learning techniques
To be the best fit for this job, you will have:
- Artistic and creative skills
- Ability to work with all developmental levels
- Have a green thumb
- Dependable and yet flexible attitude
What would be AWESOME SAUCE?
- If you had experience in healthy living and eating
- Loves art, music, or yoga!
- Willing to try crazy activities and fun projects with seniors
- If you can speak and write Spanish
- If you were really into Gardening and growing fresh vegetables
Is this too good to be true?... Not at all!
You are probably asking yourself, "What is in it for Me?"
FBGNC allows its Health Coordinator to have autonomy in their program; you create your activities and focus on engaging residents into changing their thinking around health! We provide FREE childcare for your children.... Meaning....you work for us. Your children can attend our state of the art Preschool and Before and Aftercare program for free. Our salary is competitive, and we pay based on experienced. Also, we encourage professional development.
Most importantly, We are a community center, ensuring that our staff receives resources and support to become self-sufficient. When you work for us, you work for an organization that will support and assist you when you need.... One last thing... we are a great big family... we have fun, we laugh, and we enjoy working together...
Are you interested?..... Apply today!
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter and resume.