Forensic Interviewer - Susie's Place Child Advocacy Center (Avon)
- 28-Mar-2021 to 27-Apr-2021
- - Susie’s Place Child Advocacy Center
- Avon, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Benefits include: paid time off, paid holidays and a retirement. No medical benefits offered.
A professional position charged with interviewing child victims of reported crimes and child witnesses to violent crimes in an effort to ensure that children are not further traumatized by the interventions intended to protect them and have access to appropriate services.
- Conduct child-friendly, information gathering forensic interviews of children and adolescents identified as reported victims of crime, usually during regular office hours, occasionally after hours
- Facilitate pre/post interview multidisciplinary case staffing,
- Respond to subpoenas and testify when requested,
- Participate in case reviews and present cases when requested,
- Assist advocate in collecting all relevant child and family history and making appropriate referrals,
- Enter case data into the case tracking system,
- Participate in supervision, professional development and on-going training activities including being trained in a nationally recognized Child Forensic Interview Protocol.
- Must be willing and able to drive throughout 6 County region for team meetings, hearings and future interviews, and to provide coverage in Bloomington and Terre Haute centers
- Must be willing to provide on call, after hours on call coverage for all three centers (Avon, Bloomington, and Terre Haute)
- Must ensure that all services provided prioritize the needs, comfort, and safety of the child
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as requested
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree in social work, criminal justice, education or a related field or a Master's Degree in Social Work or Forensic Science; a minimum of two (2) years of professional experience working with children and families where abuse and violence are identified issues; professional experience in working with the criminal justice or child welfare system; will be trained in a Forensic Interview techniques before the contract period.
- Must be able to work well with children
- Must be able to work in stressful situations
- Must be able to work independently as well as function as a team member and accept guidance and direction from Director
- Must be able to meet on-call requirements to respond to crisis intervention
- Must be able to work with a variety of people, including clients and their families, professionals in the areas of law enforcement, medicine, education and agency employees
Position includes some evenings and weekends for on call schedule.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by April 16th to Lynn Clinton, Associate Director. No phone calls, please.
Susie's Place is an equal opportunity employer.