Child and Family Advocate (Part Time) - Susie's Place Child Advocacy Center (Bloomington)
- 28-Mar-2021 to 16-Apr-2021
- - Susie’s Place Child Advocacy Center
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Part Time
- Part time positions are not offered benefits
SUMMARY: Provides advocacy and support services to meet the needs of children and their non-offending caregivers in a way that reduces trauma and disruption and enhances positive outcomes. Provides information to the families and assists families in obtaining the services needed. Part-time - 20 hours per week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish contact with and provide support for reported victims and family while families are present for forensic interviews.
· Provide crisis intervention for reported victims and families referred to the Susie's Place.
· Coordinate and support reported victims and family with medical evaluations and/or mental health services as needed.
· Maintain contact with reported victims and family throughout the investigation phase and prosecution to inform them of the status of the case, upcoming meetings or court dates, assessing needs of family and victim, understanding appropriate Indiana State Statutes for victim's case, etc.
· Maintain tracking of all Child Advocacy Center cases in cloud based system
· Assisting families to access Violent Crime Victim Compensation Funds as needed.
· Identifies community resources, participate in communication and coordination of services with other internal or external providers.
· Document all services provided to clients according to agency requirements and guidelines.
· Follow up with family to determine satisfaction with referral sources.
· Maintains referral lists for supportive services within the region.
· Coordinates the center's My Buddy Therapy Dog program.
· Participates in all team review meetings.
· Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
· Work a flexible schedule as required by responsibilities of the position.
· Work collaboratively to promote and participate in positive public relations and public education.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in Human Services field plus two (2) years of experience in the field of children services, including sexual abuse and/or victim advocacy; experience with family services that embrace the concept of family-centered and strength-based service provision; knowledge of concepts of child abuse and neglect; experience providing services to culturally diverse communities/families and the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
Position includes some evenings and weekends for on call schedule
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by April 16th to Lynn Clinton, Associate Director. No phone calls, please.
Susie's Place is an equal opportunity employer.