Township Clerk (part-time) - Delaware Township
- 29-Mar-2021 to 12-Apr-2021
- - Delaware Township Trustee
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Part Time
Trustee Deborah R. Driskell
Delaware Township is located in Fishers, Indiana. Debbie Driskell has served as Delaware Township Trustee since January 1, 1991. A Township Trustee is an elected official who administrates the township on behalf of the taxpayers. Some of the duties of the trustee include providing emergency financial assistance, maintaining a food pantry, providing fire protection, and managing cemeteries. In addition, the Delaware Township Trustee maintains and provides a Community Center for rental to the public suitable for weddings, graduations, business meetings or special events.
Responsible for coordinating the fiscal functions of the township in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana, which is a comprehensive basis of accounting other than generally accepted accounting principles. Responsible for maintaining the records and files of the township. Assist the trustee as needed.
NORMAL WORK HOURS and DAYS
• Monday through Friday – 10AM- 3PM - with additional hours added, as needed.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, compassion, personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
o Maintain township financial records in a systematic order.
o Ensure timely preparation and publication of required legal notices.
o Prepare and respond to external and internal requests for information, reports, or statistical data.
o Maintain vendor documentation.
o Maintain filing system, including electronic and printed filed indexes.
o Create charts, graphs, etc. for other employee's projects.
o Calculate and record employee payroll deductions.
o Create engaging content for Trustee's social media presence including keeping media channels updated and focused on our mission. Seek out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with our community.
o In the absence of Office Coordinator, assume responsibilities.
Demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing and the use of Microsoft Office products. Ability to learn specialized township software. Ability to use basic office equipment. Ability to answer phones and present self well in public. Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The employee must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and a resident of Hamilton County (Delaware Township or surrounding township resident preferred).
The employee must possess and maintain a valid Indiana drivers' license.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems and their work-related applications.
- Strongly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to utilize basic mathematical skills, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as: safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to work on many different projects at one time.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Education & Experience)
• Associates or bachelor's degree and three years related work experience. The equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Employee randomly may be asked to lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to thirty-five (35) pounds while assisting with food pantry operations.
- Typically works in an office environment with moderate noise levels.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.