College Program Specialist - Indiana Latino Institute
- 29-Mar-2021 to 28-Apr-2021
- - Indiana Latino Institute, Inc. (ILI)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- competitive salary
- Full Time
- complete benefits package
ILI's mission is to improve health and advance education for the Indiana Latino community through statewide advocacy, research, and culturally responsive programs.
Our vision is to be the source of authority and catalyst for change in all aspects of Health and Education that affect the Indiana Latino Community.
COLLEGE PROGRAM SPECIALIST
The combined efforts of College Access, College Success, Workforce Development and Systems Change comprise the ILI Education Program. Together these components create a pathway to success for Latino high school students to college and into the workplace.
The College Program Specialist works directly with college bound or current college students under College Success using an individual action plan to increase application, retention, and completion rates in higher education for Latino college students, and non-traditional students. The College Program Specialist assists in other areas of the overall components of the Education Program such as Workforce Development.
The ideal candidate for the College Program Specialist will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited university in education, higher education, social work or related field such as youth services
- Experience with case management, higher education with student support services, working collaboratively with community-based organizations and diverse communities, and managing and conducting community education and outreach
- Two years or more of experience working with adolescents and young adults
- Knowledgeable on financial aid and professional development opportunities for college students
- Strong skills in planning, delegation, critical thinking and organization
- Non-profit work experience preferred
- •Must have reliable transportation and valid driver's license and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Requisite Candidate Traits
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work with a disparate set of individuals, both internally and externally while representing the organization
- Strong public speaking and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Works well independently and/or in a group
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task; prioritize competing projects and assignments
- Interested in eliminating education disparities in the Indiana Latino Community
- High-energy individual who takes initiative with a positive outlook and can manage change
- Demonstrates the ability to take the initiative on developing creative and innovative methods for
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties and essential skills for this position include:
- Implement all aspects of College Coaching college students through the College Success aspect of the Education Program
- Recruit participants for Scholarship, Internship, Fellowship, Internship Through Partnership Programs
- Meet with students to conduct initial assessments and create action plans; conduct ongoing follow up meetings and home visits as needed
- Provide students with information to assist with access to educational and career resources
- Partner with universities/colleges administrators to promote the ILI Education Programs
- Organize and execute workshops for students
- Engage all program participants to effectively build a connection with the organization
- Represent ILI at community and education events
- Complete educational presentations to college/universities, organizations, and other Latino serving institutions
- Coordinate activities and communications involved in preparing and executing the summer internship program through the Workforce Development
- Coordinate meetings and communications for the selection process of ILI scholarships through the College Access and College Success
- Assist with planning of annual Indiana Latino Education Summit and College and Career Fair
- Maintain adequate safeguards for privacy and confidentiality of participants' information.
- Assist President & CEO with the completion of grant reports
- Assist President & CEO by providing creative approaches to promoting and facilitation of program initiatives and events
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Marlene Dotson.