Workforce Success Coach – Project Azul
- 05-Apr-2021 to 04-May-2021
- - Project Azul
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Project Azul is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide individuals with the flexible training and financial assistance needed to transition from unemployment or underemployment into full-time positions offering higher wages, access to benefits, and a pathway to career advancement.
Our vision is an Indiana where all communities can advance and unlock their potential to thrive in employment and beyond.
Project Azul is committed to antiracism. To cultivating and advocating for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture for systemically marginalized groups to have increased opportunities for career success.
We believe in the power of jobs to improve the lives of people. Project Azul leverages a robust network of education, community, and employer partners to serve participants. We support participants as they receive a job-ready credential and place them in careers in fast-growing employment sectors. Through this preparation and training, participants are able to achieve a better quality of life for themselves and their families by earning living-wages and opening doors to opportunity.
Reports To: Executive Director
The Workforce Success Coach (Coach) is focused on helping individuals advance professionally and improve their quality of life. The Coach is responsible for recruiting and supporting participants to coach them through the process of enrollment, training, and placement. To be successful in this role, the Coach must embrace the core values of the organization: compassion, advocacy, and empowerment.
The Coach must leverage a robust network of resources to provide one-on-one support to participants. The Coach is also responsible for developing and fostering relationships with referring agencies and employer partners.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting and identifying participants for workforce development training programs
- Conducting face-to-face and/or telephone interviews with prospective participants and maintaining email and text correspondence
- Using analytical skills to create personalized plan for participants
- Assisting with marketing efforts of organization, including social media and newsletter
- Identifying community resources that will be beneficial to program participants and conducting referrals to outside community-based organizations (CBOs) to address barriers
- Collecting participant data, accurately compiling it into Salesforce for monthly/quarterly reporting purposes, and adhering to strict data sharing protocols
- Enrolling participants in training and monitoring participant's training progress
- Communicating progress and any other relevant information with referring partners when applicable
- Providing one-on-one employment coaching, analyzing reasons why individuals are not hired or are let go, and providing follow-up and retention support
- Assisting participants in developing resumes and applicant/interview strategies for successful placement, retention, and promotions
- Working with employer partners to place individuals
- Advocating for participants with employer partners and community at large to raise awareness of barriers affecting systemically marginalized communities
- Representing organization at community events
- Participating in learning/networking events to deepen knowledge of resources available for participants
- Previous work experience serving diverse populations and/or the ability to provide services in a culturally sensitive manner
- Previous work experience in the social services sector
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships
- Outstanding written, verbal and listening communication and organizational skills
- Solid working knowledge of MS office products
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule beyond normal business hours
- Bilingual or Multilingual skills desired
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.