Planned Giving Representative - The Salvation Army
- 05-Apr-2021 to 04-May-2021
- - Salvation Army Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Salvation Army – Indiana Division seeks an experienced development professional to cultivate and solicit an assigned portfolio of planned gift prospects. The Rep will actively participate in the implementation of DHQ's philanthropic campaigns and plans, focusing on planned giving fundraising priorities and involving volunteers and other stakeholders.
Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a lasting difference in the world? The Salvation Army is the fourth largest charity in the United States and is an international organization based on Biblical principles created to help people in need. We are mission-driven, diverse, collaborative, and focused on positive results for people. Join us in making a difference.
The Salvation Army Indiana Divisional Headquarters is located in Indianapolis, Indiana. The position works the assigned territory and will require some travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Help ensures DHQ achieves its fundraising goals in collaboration with others within the Development Department and interdepartmentally.
· Manage a prospect portfolio of approximately 125 planned giving donors and prospects, identifying, cultivating, soliciting, securing and stewarding individual prospects and donors, for planned gifts.
· Develop solicitation plans for new and current planned gift donors and prospects.
· Establish relationships with assigned donors and prospects through various cultivation calls, letters and handwritten notes, with an emphasis on successful face-to-face meetings.
· Develop and write donor cultivation materials, proposals, acknowledgements, volunteer solicitor briefings and reports.
· Contact and cultivate persons identified through marketing efforts, work with Corps and Division staff, professional advisors and other referral sources.
· Coordinate and provide assistance in the design of strategies for cultivating and soliciting donors in coordination with senior staff, leadership and volunteers
· With other Development staff, identify, qualify and research new planned gift prospects
· Collaborate the Director of Planned Giving, the major gift staff, and other development staff as appropriate to develop and execute effectively to achieve goals and alignment with development initiatives.
· Assist in the organization of occasional events and small donor meetings for cultivation and stewardship purposes
· Adhere to and update progress on assigned budgets, goals and required activities standards.
· Responsible for submitting required statistics, reports and budget information to the Director of Planned Giving as requested, including updating interactions in Salesforce system as required.
· Other Duties
- Bachelor's Degree required. Must have a Valid Driver's license/MVR clearance. Other preferences include:
- Proven experience working with a committee/board
- 5 years experience in personal solicitation to include, fund raising, financial and insurance sales, estate and financial planning or related areas and familiarity with fundraising practices.
- Advance degree in a related field such as law, finance or non-profit management
- Certification with CFRE, CFP or CAP
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
What experience or qualities do you feel make you a uniquely qualified match for this position?
What are your salary expectations?
List any certifications or advanced degrees.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.