Volunteer & Event Coordinator - Children’s Bureau
- 05-Apr-2021 to 04-May-2021
- - Children’s Bureau, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The position reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the development & communications teams. The position will interface with all Children's Bureau constituents including clients, volunteers, committee members and donors. Specifically, the position will help recruit and manage volunteers, coordinate all aspects of fundraising events, serve as the internal staff liaison to the Young Professionals Advisory Board, and oversee intake and inventory of in-kind donations. The position requires a commitment to working outside of the typical 9AM – 5PM work day. Weekend and evening hours are required.
Special Events 45%
- Organize volunteers for all internal agency fundraising events (ie: Trivia Night, Golf "Fore" Kids Classic, YPAB Cornhole Tournament, Celebrity Cook-off and Hope for the Holidays & respond to volunteer requests for third party events (Exchange Club Golf Outing) where appropriate
- Manage the logistics for all agency fundraising events, including the development of timelines and budgets, communication with vendors and guests, assembly of mailing lists, and all associated reporting
- Collaborate with staff to create content for event-related social media and marketing materials
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of Hope for the Holidays gift program
Volunteer Resources 25%
- Recruit, train, and match volunteers to service positions to fulfill agency needs
- Oversee existing direct service volunteer opportunities: children's shelter activities, Courage Center activities, adoption, childcare for support groups, and donation rooms
- Work closely with the Director of Corporate Relations to expand volunteer opportunities and engagement for employees of partner companies
- Create content for monthly Volunteer Newsletter
- Maintain electronic volunteer database, track volunteer service hours and generate reports
- Coordinate with the HR department to ensure volunteer paperwork & background check requirements are met
- Manage corporate and community group service projects and seek to transition relationships to a development/fundraising focus where appropriate
- Maintain volunteer policies/procedures manual and related forms
Donation Rooms 10%
- Maintain the organization of new and gently used gift in kind donations. This includes regular outreach to various CB+FF programs to ensure gift distribution and donor intent.
Community Relations 20%
- Serve as the internal staff liaison to the Children's Bureau Young Professionals Advisory Board: oversee their fundraising and service efforts, attend meetings, and provide administrative support
- Engage corporate partner companies in service and development opportunities with CB
- Develop and strengthen relationships with corporate partners and donors as directed
- Represent the agency at events that have a development or volunteer service focus
- Import contact reports for all events, mailings, etc.
- Oversee the intake, inventory and allocation of all in-kind donations
CRITICAL FUNCTIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license and auto insurance
- Working experience with Microsoft office suite
- Fundraising and volunteer management database experience strongly preferred
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Children's Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer