House Manager; Hospital Family Room(s) - Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana
- 05-Apr-2021 to 20-Apr-2021
- - Ronald McDonald House of Indiana, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (employee coverage); life insurance; 401k plan; and paid time off
Join the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana team! RMHCCIN is a local part of a global charity that keeps families together as they face the biggest challenges of their lives. We are looking for an outgoing, compassionate leader and relationship builder to help us further the mission of providing a "home away from home" for families with ill or injured children receiving care at Indianapolis-area hospitals. The successful candidate will lead volunteer and staff teams providing hospitality and comfort in two Family Rooms, connect and network with hospital departments to improve the overall patient experience and as an ambassador to all guests, donors, volunteers, and the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. Guest Services and Program Operations
· Provide an atmosphere of compassion, warmth, and support by interacting with guests, and by maintaining positive guest relations.
· Supervise House operations with world class customer service. Responsible for all aspects of the office including, phones, computers, security, cash box, donations, merchandise, supplies, weekly deposits, maintaining budget through RMH procedures and policies.
· Supervise PT Managers and Coordinators, maintain scheduling, training, evaluation and performing other duties related to their supervision for both Family Room locations. Assist Executive Chef and Volunteer Resource Manager with culinary program.
· Regularly monitor and evaluate RMHCCIN programs, services, and policies to identify and suggest new offerings based on data collected that would enhance the family experience.
· Assure accurate completion of guest registration and all related information to assure we are responding to all family request in a timely and professional manner.
· Assist Director of Operations with daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly hospital meetings to assure adequate communication and collaboration with hospital leadership.
· Coordinate emergency situations to assist and comfort families in the case of crisis, such as patient death, new diagnosis, or providing support for any situation making sure we have provided the proper resources.
· Coordinate house cleaning through contractual services to ensure common areas, bathrooms and guest sleeping rooms and common areas cleaned daily to ensure proper COVID 19 cleaning procedures are being met.
· Coordinate special events and activities occurring within Family Rooms, communicating with guests, hospital staff, RMHCCIN staff and volunteers as needed.
· Monitor physical interior structure, equipment and décor and report maintenance needs to hospital facilities department with all required documentation.
II. Volunteer Relations
· Supervise and support House volunteers ensuring they are knowledgeable of all policies and procedures.
· Collaborate with the Volunteer Manager in training volunteers and supporting service group activities.
· Coordinate with Coffee Cart Volunteers with ordering, updating scheduling, training.
III. Other Responsibilities
· Document incident reports with pertinent guest situations, program, and hospital relations issues.
· Contribute to RMHCCIN team efforts by maintaining our ICARE values of innovation, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence in our mutual pursuit of providing comfort and care to families of seriously ill or injured children being served by our organization.
· Perform other duties incidental to the work outlined in this position description.
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred AND/OR minimum of three (3) years in human services, health services, guest services or related field.
- Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, decision-making, and delegating abilities.
- Professional demeanor, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
- Works independently yet works alongside team members; handles large numbers of details with ease; meets deadlines; operates comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, administration, telephone, and interpersonal communication skills; detail and "big picture" oriented.
- Ability to adjust to a flexible work schedule, including weekends and evenings when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with people from a variety of backgrounds including families in crisis.
- Accountable, dependable, responsible, trustworthy, and able to function with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be outgoing, service minded and compassionate.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to frequently move throughout the hospital facilities and RMHCCIN headquarters.
- Constantly positions self to perform laundry services and operate other office productivity machinery.
- Frequently move supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds across the Family Room(s).
- Proficient in technology and ability to learn software specific to the organization.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. What skills and/or experiences would you offer to the role and the RMHCCIN team?
2. Please share a time when you had to develop rapport with an individual(s) under challenging circumstances.
3. Tell me about a time when you saw a problem at work. What steps did you take to correct the issue?
4. Provide an example of a method you have used to successfully encourage/motivate a group of peers, colleagues, and/or direct reports. What was successful about this method? What would you do differently now?
5. Please share what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to you and how it is reflected in your work?
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter by April 20.
RMHCCIN is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.