Chief Executive Officer – YWCA Greater Lafayette
- 05-Apr-2021 to 30-Apr-2021
- - YWCA Greater Lafayette
- Lafayette, IN, USA
- Full Time
Be part of our mission.
YWCA Greater Lafayette is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. Our vision is to be the leading organization for women and their families, empowering them to meet their vital needs and succeed in life.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a strategic and visionary leader who is a skilled organizational manager and a relationship-oriented community builder, fundraiser and advocate.
The CEO will ensure that YWCA continues to serve as a leader in advancing racial and gender equity and to deliver high-quality programming in response to the needs of the Greater Lafayette community.
Reporting to the Chair of the Board of Directors, and serving as the Executive Officer, the CEO will act as the leading strategist, ambassador and manager for the organization. Guided by a passion for the mission of eliminating racism and empowering women, the CEO will bring a creative vision for the organization's continued evolution.
The ideal CEO will possess the following experience, knowledge and skillset:
Belief and Passion for the YWCA's Mission and Values
- Embrace and embody the values and mission of YWCA, demonstrating a bold passion and principled commitment to eliminating racism and empowering women, a personal history of incorporating values of diversity, equity, and inclusion into their leadership, and knowledge of anti-racist, anti-sexist, and social justice strategies.
- Demonstrate a deep commitment to building long-term community relationships and draw on experience serving as an inclusive leader within multi-cultural settings.
Strong Organizational Leader with Financial and Business Acumen
- The CEO will have a record of accomplishment in nonprofit, public sector, and/or business leadership roles, demonstrating the ability to set a strategic vision and achieve ambitious goals. They will be a creative risk-taker, with the ability to identify opportunities to innovate and to expand an organization's impact, while also taking into account pragmatic considerations. As a leader, they will demonstrate the ability to energize and equip a team of 54 staff members to fulfill a shared vision.
- The CEO will demonstrate a good working knowledge of nonprofit financial management and demonstrate sound decision-making skills, as well as creativity and resourcefulness within a $2.4M budget, in order to drive the organization's financial growth and sustainability.
- The CEO will possess a strong understanding of nonprofit operations with experience in working well with an engaged governing board.
- Reporting to the Chair of the Board of Directors, will act as the leading strategist, ambassador, and manager for the organization, working in close collaboration with the Board of Directors to ensure a diverse and mission-aligned organization.
The CEO will bring significant experience in leading complex organizations, demonstrating readiness to oversee the operations of a multi-million-dollar organization and supervise six direct reports across programs, resource development, finance, human resources and facilities.
- The CEO will offer exceptional staff management and team-building skills, with the ability to attract, inspire, and retain a strong staff, establish clear priorities, and empower their team members as leaders through an inclusive and respectful approach. Prior experience in leading organizational culture change efforts will be considered highly beneficial.
- A Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred and a Master's degree is highly desired. An equivalent combination of both education and extensive job experience may be considered for the ideal candidate.
Engaging and Strategic Fundraiser and Advocate
- The CEO will step into this role with successful fundraising experience that includes activating government as well as philanthropic supporters. They will continue to build YWCA's brand and visibility as the foremost ambassador for the organization engaging the community as an outgoing spokesperson and prolific networker in the region.
- The CEO will possess an understanding of policy and advocacy efforts aligned with the YWCA's mission and be able to effectively position and represent the agency at the local, regional and state level with government officials and policy and advocacy partners.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.
To learn more about YWCA Greater Lafayette, visit our website at https://www.ywcalafayette.org/.
YWCA Greater Lafayette is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBTQ+ applicants.