Employment Specialist - HVAF of Indiana, Inc.
- 08-Apr-2021 to 07-May-2021
- - HVAF of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary commensurate with experience and ability
- Full Time
The Employment Specialist for HVAF of Indiana will work with the Employment Team providing services to Veterans through job readiness and connecting resources. HVAF is working to end homelessness among veterans. Through a unique partnership with U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs and many community organizations, we provide housing and re-integration services for homeless veterans and programs to prevent at-risk veterans from becoming homeless.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes connections with outside organizations that are hiring, or willing to provide interviews for clients, and maintaining these connections and helping to further develop them into partnerships with HVAF
- Assists clients with resume building and writing skills
- Assists clients with interviewing skills, including group and individual training
- Assists with transportation or coordination of transportation of clients to and from job interviews
- Updates and maintains client information in the HMIS database
- Monitors client case management files and updates client progress notes within 48 hours in those files
- Organizes and engages in job fairs and training workshops
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Knowledgeable of the factors associated with homelessness, substance abuse, and mental illness
- Knowledgeable of and able to provide referrals to other community resources
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.