Teacher-Mentor - Elevate Indy
- 08-Apr-2021 to 30-Apr-2021
- - Elevate Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary range depending on experience
- Full Time
- full benefits including matching retirement
The Teacher-Mentor will accomplish the Elevate model and mission to build long-term, life-changing relationships with Indianapolis urban youth through our year around holistic program model.
Elevate Indianapolis builds long-term life-changing relationships equipping urban students to thrive and contribute to their communities. The role of the Teacher-Mentor is the high calling to sacrificially serve the next generation of our city through executing the complete model of Elevate Indianapolis by investing a balanced 50/50% teaching students during the school day and outside the school day life on life mentoring.
This position serves a key role in teaching and mentoring with other team members, as the Teacher-Mentor in our eastside pipeline. This person helps to integrate college and career preparation, co-teaching our accredited character and life-skills classes, then mentoring them after school as they make plans for their post-high school journey. They will have a mentoring caseload focused on eastside students, while facilitating Pathways to Purpose programming both in-school and out-of-school with the "P2P 4 E's" (Expose, Equip, Empower, Engage).
Ideal job qualifications to include:
- Education ' Four-year college education or two-year post-secondary degree and teachingexperience preferred, but not required.
- Experience ' Minimum four years' experience in youth service; certifications or education in youth services preferred.
- Commitment ' Year around availability for mentoring student relationships for year-round position (including summer programs); NOTE: This is a 12-month position.
- Driver's License ' Valid Indiana Driver's License and Proof of Insurance.
- Bi-Lingual- Spanish speaker prefered, but not required.
- Passion to directly invest in youth; urban youth experience preferred.
- Mastery of communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation. Personal relationship skills that allow the employee to manage and work with a wide variety of people, professionals, and students.
- Teachable- Willingness to be coached and eagerness to learn new information.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by Apr 30.
NOTE: Please address the following questions in your over letter:
- What experience or qualities do you feel make you a uniquely qualified match for this position?
- What is a meaningful mentoring relationship or experience you have been a part of?
- Can you share your journey and what led you to invest in urban students with Elevate Indy? Mention specific skills, experiences or organizations that prepared you for this role.
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- What areas do you feel you need to grow in?