Clinic Operations Manager - FACE Low-Cost Animal Clinic
- 08-Apr-2021 to 07-May-2021
- - FACE Low Cost Animal Clinic
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
FACE Low-Cost Animal Clinic is searching for a clinic operations manager to join our team. If you enjoy helping people and their pets, then this is the place for you.
FACE is dedicated to reducing needless euthanasia by addressing the root causes of shelter intake: pet overpopulation and pet surrender. Our clinic provides spay/neuter, vaccine, and minor wellness care to nearly 30,000 dogs and cats annually.
By joining the FACE team, you will be able to help with overpopulation and make pet ownership a reality for people from all walks of life. As a nonprofit veterinary provider, we work especially with populations who love their pets but struggle with financial stability.
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Profile: The clinic operations manager oversees day-to-day operations related to patient care and client education. The clinic operations manager works closely with the clinic's medical director, veterinarians, and program operations manager to support the advancement of the organization's mission.
- Ensure proper training of new employees according to written training plans and clinic policies and procedures.
- Supports on-going training and growth of current employees.
- Manages clinic appointment schedule and oversees scheduling to ensure proper number of patients are booked daily.
- Oversee, monitor, verify, submit/track inventory to ensure to adequate stocks of supplies are available. Oversee purchasing and shipments, delegate responsibilities as assigned for backup support and accountability.
- Coordinates staff schedules.
- Coordinate patient care and appointment scheduling needs for other animal welfare organizations.
- Collaborates with medical director and program operations manager to establish and implement protocols related to community cat care beyond Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR).
- Assists with implementation of subsidies and grants related to financial assistance programs for pets.
- Responds to client concerns in a professional manner.
- Collaborates with medical director to ensure staff are properly recording patient information in practice management system.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other individuals, companies, and organizations as they relate to FACE and its efforts.
- Manages a large team of customer service and veterinary support staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Participates in management meetings.
- Assists with reporting of service delivery and clinic impact.
- Assists with the development and implementation of protocols.
- Assists with strengthening relationships with key donors.
- Responds to staff concerns and provides coaching.
- Works cooperatively with all team members.
- Report to work on time, and ready to work.
- Provide prompt, attentive, and friendly customer service in-person and by phone.
- Supervise maintenance and proper storage of supplies and office equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior management experience
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Working experience with Microsoft office suite and CRM software
- Prior clinic skills preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Energetic team player with a passion for FACE's mission.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Regularly required to stand.
- Noise level is moderate to very loud.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move more than 35-40 lbs. unassisted.
- Comfortable working around sick, injured, or unruly animals.
This position will require regular evening and weekend hours.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
NOTE: Please address the following questions in your cover letter:
- What do you see as the keys to building and sustaining a high performing staff culture?
- Talk about a project or program where you had to gain support from others inside your
- organization and then implement it. What worked well? What would you change next time?
- How do you keep up-to-date on the leading edge of work being done in your field?
- Share a circumstance where you had to bring order, and perhaps restore relationships, to a group or team.
- Share a circumstance where your guidance as a supervisor or peer assisted a co-worker in improving their performance.