Key Club Manager - Kiwanis International
- 12-Apr-2021 to 11-May-2021
- - Kiwanis International
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Service Leadership Programs department
Responsible for providing quality and efficient oversite and administration to Key Club International, including advising the international board. This position works directly with the KYP Executive Director on all matters related to Key Club.
- Supervise and manage staff; hire, motivate, recognize, coach, counsel and train department staff; conduct performance reviews of all direct reports.
- Provide executive leadership to the organization; develop and manage department budgets; carry out department activities to meet all business needs and requirements of the International Office; administer all phases of Key Club Strategic Plan Implementation; Develop, implement and evaluate department performance measures.
- Advise the Key Club International Board and fulfill all duties of the Key Club International Director, as outlined in Key Club governing documents; work directly with the Board to provide assistance and support for Key Club strategic planning and developing and achieving annual goals and objectives; provide continuous guidance, counsel, and training to the Board.
- Manage and support key volunteers; provide continuous guidance, counsel, and training to Key Club district administrators; be responsive to administrators and club advisors and correspond with them on a regular basis.
- Plan and coordinate the Key Club International Convention and other specified events; provide leadership and administrative support for all facets of Board, Committee, and Council meetings; develop and implement programs to advance the organization. Assist with the development and execution of leadership development and training events.
- Participate in staff meetings and daily huddles; work directly with the Program Director to identify and resolve departmental issues; and assist in collaborative projects with other staff.
- Participate in cross-functional teams within the department and Kiwanis International.
- Support Kiwanis Youth Programs team in all initiatives and future programming.
- Speak to internal and external audiences about Kiwanis Youth Programs.
- Attend and play a role in training and leadership development events and conferences.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in education, nonprofit management, business, or equivalent degree
- Master's degree in related field a plus
- 3-5 years of experience working directly with high school students.
- 3-5 years of experience in managing a staff team.
- Good public speaker able to facilitate small to large groups
- Demonstrated creative ability and writing proficiency
- Building effective teams
- Continuous innovation
- Capable of maintaining positive working relationships
- Strong background in communication strategy and program support
- Event planning
- Experience in growing programs and projects
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines, keeping a diverse group of shareholders updated and aware as projects are completed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google suite products
- Internet proficiency
- Social media skills
- Able to work in a collaborative environment
- Kiwanis Family experience a plus
- Experience working with volunteer boards a plus
- Multilingual a plus
- WordPress experience a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS/OTHER INFORMATION:
- May be requested to work evenings and weekends for special program events.
- Domestic and some international travel required.
- The position does have some moderate physical demands, especially in executing events like convention and leadership programs (lifting, carrying, moving rapidly from one activity to the next, etc.). Some programs occur in a natural setting, such as a camp facility.
- Required to work in a cubicle alongside co-workers
Click the APPLY button to apply through our website.