Youth Program Associate - Exodus Refugee Immigration
- 12-Apr-2021 to 11-May-2021
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Compensation starting at $17/hour
- Full Time
- competitive benefits package available
Exodus is seeking Youth Program Associate to provide services that assist refugee youth with gaining the skills to make a successful transition from childhood to adulthood with the recognition that refugee youth face the significant challenge of simultaneously navigating two cultures. This position will be primarily responsible for the implementation, evaluation, and ongoing development of the youth mentor program as well as the creation, implementation, and evaluation of the student tutoring program.
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees and other immigrants of humanitarian concern to Indiana. We work to arrange housing, food, clothing, case management, English and cultural orientation, employment placement, and mental health services for individuals and families starting new lives in the Indianapolis area. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3) non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works in partnership with the Department of State's Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM); the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), and Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
- Implement the youth mentor program for high school age youth. Including planning all events and communications.
- Create, implement, and evaluate tutoring for grades 3-8 working with volunteers.
- Plan and attend monthly mentor events and quarterly tutoring events.
- Assist with planning additional youth projects such as the back to school drive.
- Provide information that is culturally and age-appropriate to assist clients in integrating in the community
- Assess youth's needs and goals, communicate expectations for program participation, and establish a strong, supportive relationship with the client and assure that all youth receive services that meet the client's unique needs
- Advocate for refugee youth and assist refugee youth in accessing supportive services when needed
- Facilitate and/or coordinate with other area youth-serving agencies to provide group activities, volunteer opportunities, field trips, and other educational opportunities
- Train and supervise program volunteers
- Attend weekly staff and team meetings and participate in Exodus staff training and development activities
- Manage tracking of information required by grant funding including but not limited to program expenses, client participation data, and other items necessary for reporting
- Provide or secure transportation to refugees for needed services
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in education, youth development, or social work, preferred.
- Preferably has experience in teaching or youth-focused social services.
- Experience collaborating with a diverse and dynamic team.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients of diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of organizational skill, flexibility and commitment to refugees.
- PC proficiency, competent with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work occasional hours outside of normal business hours.
- Must have a car, valid driver's license, and car insurance.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.
No walk-ins or phone calls.