Warehouse Manager - Midwest Food Bank
- 12-Apr-2021 to 11-May-2021
- - Midwest Food Bank
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Physical ability to work and lift minimum of 50 pounds in a warehouse setting.
- Current class A CDL or willing to obtain class A CDL. Lift truck and equipment experience desired
- Must be a team player, detailed orientated, organized, proactive and a self-starter
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft-supported applications (O365 Suite – Outlook, Microsoft, Excel)
- Knowledge of food storage practices
- Knowledge of warehousing
- Ability to learn
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Warehouse Manager provides direction, coordination, development, and planning of all warehouse activities for the Midwest Food Bank.
- Manage truck and trailer maintenance and safety checks/inspections
- Complete a truck and trailer checklist
- Responsible for the daily workflow of food into and out of the warehouse, including overseeing and leading volunteers during load-out distributions & preparing for distributions as needed.
- Responsible for all product handling by volunteers in the warehouse, duties to include but not limited to, recruitment, training, supervision, support, and performance to ensure that Midwest Food Bank's quality standards are met.
- Works with Volunteer Coordinators and/or office support staff/volunteer to give direction to volunteer scheduling and assigned projects and follow up on progress.
- Ensure an efficient, clean, and safe work environment for all staff and volunteers.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the warehouse, grounds, and equipment i.e. cleanliness, minor repairs, general upkeep, & snow removal.
- Know the condition of products in the coolers, freezers, & on trucks – how much, will it last until the next distribution.
- Maintain stock of supplies including, but not limited to: softener salt, driveway salt, bulk packaging supplies, stretch wrap
- Understand the warehouse process and be able to pass that knowledge along to others – Shipping & receiving, bread, bulk packaging, distribution, pallet movement, disaster packaging
- Oversees all safety issues relating to product handling and food safety.
- Works with the Operations Manager to maintain safe working conditions inside and outside the warehouse and trucks.
- Directs volunteers on the clearing of snow and salting around all doorways and sidewalks during the winter months.
Models Midwest Food Bank core values of serving those in need, empowering volunteers, embracing communities, integrity, and teamwork.
Provides support, encouragement, mentoring, supervision and consultation for all warehouse volunteers.
Ensures compliance with all Midwest Food Bank policies, procedures and rules, and all contractual obligations, regulatory standards, and relevant laws so that a safe, nurturing environment is created for employees, volunteers, clients, donors, and sponsors.
Learn duties of other staff to be able to fill in when they are gone.
Prepares reports for the Operations Manager as assigned.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.