Advancement Specialist and Database Administrator - University of Indianapolis
- 18-Apr-2021 to 17-May-2021
- - University of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Thank you for your interest in the University of Indianapolis! The University is a private, liberal arts university located on 65 acres, just minutes from downtown Indianapolis. With more than 700 faculty and staff, it is a place where you can become part of a close-knit campus community that emphasizes the importance of community partnerships in the future growth of the University.
UIndy's mission is to prepare its graduates for effective, responsible, and articulate membership in the complex societies in which they live and serve, and for excellence and leadership in their personal and professional lives. The motto of "Education for Service" provides the foundation for our work to better our communities, both near and far.
As University employees, we know the work we do is important to our students and our communities. To accomplish our mission, we welcome talented, civic-minded and diverse individuals from all career levels to help maintain our high standards of excellence and quality. If you want to join our dynamic environment and experience hard work, creativity, and teamwork, we welcome your application!
The University of Indianapolis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, citizenship status, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The University of Indianapolis does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission as required by Title IX.
The University of Indianapolis is accepting applications for an Advancement Specialist and Database Administrator. This is a full-time, exempt staff position. This position is responsible for researching, processing and maintaining gift data records in the Raisers Edge system and auditing the integrity of that data. This individual serves as the database administrator for the Raiser's Edge Database and is responsible for accurate entry of the daily receipt of gifts to the University.
This role interacts with donors when necessary to ensure smooth processing of gifts and gift agreements, and assists in completing and distributing planned gift documents and gift agreements to ensure all parties are aware of the gift and the process. The individual hired will also assist in organization of the comprehensive campaign as well as provide reports and other documents requested by individuals in development and the President's office.
- Leads database management, data analysis and reporting, and data entry/data integrity and serves as liaison between University Advancement and Information Systems
- Works closely with consultants at Blackbaud to maintain and manage the Raisers Edge database
- Receives, accurately processes, acknowledges, records, and properly documents information relating to all charitable donations in the form of cash, checks, credit cards, online transactions, securities, gifts-in-kind, bank drafts, matching gifts, payroll deductions, etc.) to the University from wide variety of constituents
- Responds appropriately and professionally within two business days to all requests for information relating to donors
- Develops daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly financial and donor reporting for Advancement and the University, including the annual audit of University finances
- Maintains expertise on the Raisers Edge system and identifies inefficient/ineffective processes and implements improvements in procedures
- Responsible for data content and quality control standards as related to gift processing guidelines
- Protects and enforces the privacy of donor records, including the management, organization, and security of archiving paperless documentation of donor giving files and gift agreements
- Liaises with multiple departments across campus to coordinate gift processing and recording of grants
- Maintains policies and procedures to ensure effective and accurate processing and documentation of gifts, pledges, gift agreements, etc.
- Acts as Liaison to Information Systems and as a representative to various campus committees
- Assists with donor data-related projects as well as special campaign-related activities and event planning and management
- Two or more years working experience in a similar role is required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven ability to work with confidential information, processing and reporting financial transactions is essential
- Advanced experience in Windows-based software packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge and Raiser's Edge NXT preferred
- Blackbaud Raiser's Edge trainings and certifications a plus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Tuition Discount
- Free Parking
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.