Community Engagement Coordinator - HVAF of Indiana, Inc.
- 18-Apr-2021 to 17-May-2021
- - HVAF of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $42-46k annually, commensurate with experience and skills
- Full Time
- Benefits offered after 90 days: health, vision, dental, life, short- and long-term disability, and paid time off; eligible for paid holidays on day 1
The Community Engagement Coordinator serves as an exemplary HVAF advocate in the community. Serving as HVAF's community relations officer, this position will build, increase, and steward partnerships with corporate groups, veteran service agencies, civic organizations, and other groups throughout Central Indiana to increase awareness and support of HVAF mission and programs. Responsibilities include event management, corporate and community relations, donor stewardship and communication, solicitation of funding support, and public speaking.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly engage, build relationships, and solicit support from corporate groups, veteran groups, civic organizations, and other nonprofit organizations to increase financial support.
- Represent and/or speak on behalf of HVAF at public and private events.
- Serve as primary point of contact for 3rd party events, food/clothing drives, and other activities hosted by outside parties supporting HVAF.
- Manage HVAF's online store including working with merchandise vendors, shipping purchased items to customers, keeping up-to-date inventory of all merchandise and promotional materials.
- Oversees Advancement Team's calendar, communicates opportunities to serve with all members of staff, and ensures all events are well presented.
- Seek opportunities to present to new groups and prospective donors.
- Use donor database to manage contacts and track all engagement activity and produce weekly and monthly activity reports to VP, Advancement.
- Assist VP, Advancement in fundraising and stewardship plans as assigned.
- Follow stewardship plans and processes.
- Assist in sponsorship solicitation and planning of HVAF's annual signature event Operation Alpha.
- Veteran preferred
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Experience in fundraising, strategic partnership management, or community relations.
- Demonstrated oral, written, presentation, and public-speaking communications skills.
- Demonstrated creativity, adaptiveness, flexibility, resiliency, and innovation.
- Eagerness to learn and follow fundraising strategies and best practices.
- Ability to inspire trust, cooperation, and camaraderie with co-workers, teammates, donors, and centers of influence.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image and attitude.
- Core work week of 40 hours would fall between Monday-Friday
- Will involve evenings and weekends as needed
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Sammy Mitchell, VP for Personnel.