Stewardship Manager - United Way of Central Indiana
- 18-Apr-2021 to 17-May-2021
- - United Way of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Fundraising, Major Gifts Team
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Stewardship Manager will manage a comprehensive, integrated donor stewardship and recognition program as a crucial part of the Major Gifts team. The goal of the Major Gifts team is to cultivate and steward leadership, Tocqueville, Meridian and Transformational donors. The Stewardship Manager will work with the Major Gifts team to create a comprehensive program to ensure that low-touch donors are communicated with regularly. Additionally, the Manager will work with the United Way Giving Societies. The goal is to increase donor retention and engagement by enhancing the donor experience.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Fundraising: In conjunction with internal partners, develop and implement strategies to steward, retain and grow the revenue generated from leadership donors. Explore and implement target identification, research, prospect management, event-based relationship building techniques and proper communication with donors and prospects. Maintain a portfolio of low-touch donors, ranging in donations of $1,000-$15,000.
- Conduct Fundraising analysis projects in conjunction with the Operations Team Additionally, provide quality ROI analysis to assess the effectiveness of UWCI programs, initiatives, and other projects.
- Relationships: Develop and maintain regular contact with existing donors. Identify and communicate with appropriate UWCI team members regarding opportunities to leverage these relationships more broadly. Provide support and leadership for Giving Society Chairs and Steering Committees.
- Collaborate and regularly meet with Prospect Manager and Operations team to update and ensure donor segmentation and identification is accurate.
- Collaborate and regularly meet with Marketing & Communications team members for research, evaluation and targeting of donor communications.
Annual Goals: Achieve established goals. Work with the Sr. Director to ensure goals reflect and align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization.
Flexibility: UWCI is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility and adaptability are key attributes for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree required. At least two years of fundraising experience preferred. Knowledge of the central Indiana community and the human service sector is preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, ability to resolve conflict constructively, strong performance management and evaluation capabilities including the willingness and ability to ensure accountability, ability to build strong relationship both inside and outside UWCI, ability to think strategically, commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWCI's commitment to diversity and inclusion. Must have the ability to multitask and be agile in a fast-paced work environment. Must have the ability to prepare, explain, and monitor performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWCI team.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Thinking Strategically
- Stakeholder Experience
- Effective Communication
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.