Director of Development - Gennesaret Free Clinic, Inc.
- 18-Apr-2021 to 17-May-2021
- - Gennesaret Free Clinics
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Reports To: Executive Director
Position Purpose: This position is responsible for planning and implementing short, medium, and long-range fundraising goals to meet both the current and future strategic priorities of Gennesaret Free Clinic, Inc.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, present, and execute GFC's annual development plan in coordination with the Executive Director and the GFC Board
- With the Executive Director, design and implement the annual campaign, achieving stated annual revenue goals
- Conduct 3-4 in-person donor and prospect meetings a week where the relationship is moved toward a larger giving amount and deeper engagement with Gennesaret, including identifying and securing planned gifts
- Manage a portfolio of 125 donors and prospects across all revenue sources – corporate, individual and foundation donors – with emphasis on securing gifts of $7,500 or more
- Create and manage new giving society for $10,000+ donors
- Manage all aspects of grant process including writing applications, reports and ensuring compliance
- Manage the planning and implementation of donor cultivation and stewardship events, including the organization's annual gala
- Manage all donor communication including direct mail and social media
- Create and serve as staff lead for new Development Council
- Engage donors, prospects and key stakeholders in Strategic Engagement Opportunities
- Take ownership of database entry and maintenance, ensuring gifts and corresponding data are entered correctly; run reports to track fundraising progress to goals
- Evaluate and / or create gift acceptance and other development policies
Other Job Duties:
- Represent Gennesaret Free Clinic, Inc. at designated functions as required
- Adheres to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethical Principals and Donor Bill of Rights
- Five plus years' experience in all phases of development; with emphasis on cultivating, soliciting and securing gifts of $7,500+.
- Experience in grant writing and reporting
- Required Education:
- Bachelor's degree required
- None, CFRE preferred
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Manage donor tracking through Raiser's Edge
- Microsoft Office
- Thorough knowledge of the donor giving and stewardship cycle
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Theresa Patterson, Executive Director.