Director of Community Partnerships – Outreach
- 18-Apr-2021 to 17-May-2021
- - Outreach, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $50,000 annually
- Full Time
- Competitive health/vision/dental package and paid life insurance, 3-weeks paid vacation, 12 paid holidays, 6 paid sick days
This position is responsible for forming and maintaining partnerships between Outreach and other community organizations. This position will directly oversee Youth Link staff members, and work with the broader staff team and community as well.
Outreach is a faith-based nonprofit organization in Indianapolis, IN, that works with youth and young adults (ages 14-24) experiencing homelessness with the compassion of Jesus Christ. Our mission is to equip and empower youth and young adults experiencing homelessness to achieve stability and life transformation.
Outreach Program Development
- Identify gaps in Outreach and community programs and services that create barriers for youth and young adults to attain stable housing and employment
- Research local and national models on innovative programs and services for youth and young adults experiencing homelessness
- Connect, replicate, and/or create solutions with local program partners
Community Partnerships (YHDP)
- Lead Outreach in the local Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) grant-funded project
- Serve on local advisory boards to learn what exists in the community and to advocate for stronger youth and young adult programs and services
- Establish community partnerships with mutual interest in providing youth and young adults experiencing homelessness support
- Intentionally network with the public and private sectors to discover and create innovative approaches in supporting youth and young adults experiencing homelessness
Outreach Staff Responsibilities
- Attend staff and department meetings, team trainings, 1-1 supervision with Program Director
- Participate in team and individual evaluations
- Participate in fundraiser events and other programs which further Outreach's mission
- Attend local conferences and workshops that relate to homelessness
The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. Outreach also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self- starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, flexibility and adaptability. The individual must possess a strong work ethic and can work well both independently and with a team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has the potential to encounter clients with unpredictable behavior. Individuals must possess a working knowledge of trauma-informed care, de- escalation techniques, and conflict resolution skills
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field (social work, psychology, child & family development, etc.) preferred
- 3-5+ years managerial experience, and leading a team/staff members
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Describe your experience managing and/or leading a team and highlight what you have learned through the challenges and successes.
2. What is your experience in building community partnership? What does it take to build healthy partnerships?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume, and references to Faith Musgrove, Office Manager.