Female Youth and Young Adult Coach - Outreach
- 18-Apr-2021 to 17-May-2021
- - Outreach, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Female Youth and Young Adult Coach is a key member of the Outreach team, serving nearly 500 homeless youth and young adults (ages 14-24) annually in high schools, Outreach program centers, and community organizations through Marion County. The responsibility of this role is to support and coach youth and young adults in self-empowerment and self-advocacy.
Outreach is a faith-based nonprofit organization in Indianapolis, Indiana that works with youth and young adults (ages 14-24) experiencing homelessness with the compassion of Jesus Christ. Our mission is to equip and empower homeless youth and young adults to achieve stability and life transformation.
- Responsible for intake of new youth and young adults (ages 14-24) referred to Outreach
- Actively engage youth and young adults experiencing homelessness at assigned community
- agencies, schools, and/or program centers
- Provide wrap around services by connecting and coordinating resources for youth to obtain
- basic needs, counseling services, applications for various housing, employment, medical, and
- financial resources
- Support youth in setting measurable goals and monitor goal progress of each youth
- Transport and accompany youth to appointments, as appropriate
- Advocate for and support youth in the Marion county community and public school systems
- Build and maintain supportive relationships with community organizations, McKinney Vento Liaisons and school staff
- Maintain accurate documentation of individual and group interactions in database, and provide regular reporting to supervisor
- Responsible for monitoring costs related to youth outings and meals
Outreach Staff Responsibilities
- Attend staff and department meetings, team trainings, 1-1 supervision with Program Director
- Participate in team and individual evaluations
- Participate in fundraiser events and other programs which further Outreach's mission
- Attend local conferences and workshops that relate to homelessness
The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. Outreach also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self- starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, flexibility and adaptability. The individual must possess a strong work ethic and can work well both independently and with a team.
The individual must be able to pass federal and state criminal background checks, as YYA Coach will be working in area high schools with minors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee has the potential to encounter clients with unpredictable behavior. Individuals must possess a working knowledge of trauma-informed care, de-escalation techniques, and conflict resolution skills.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 2-4+ years' experience working with youth and young adults preferred
- Bachelor's degree in related field (social work, sociology, child & family development, etc.) preferred, but not required. Relevant life experience is valuable for this position
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Describe your experience working in a team and highlight what you have learned through the challenges and successes.
2. What is your experience working alongside youth through their disappointments and successes?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume, and references to Faith Musgrove, Office Manager.