Controller - Kids’ Voice of Indiana
- 18-Apr-2021 to 17-May-2021
- - Kids’ Voice of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Full benefits package includes health insurance, dental insurance, and more
Position Summary: The Controller is responsible for the financial management of Kids' Voice of Indiana. The Controller supervises the accounting functions, develops and monitors budgets, funding sources, the audit process, corporate insurance and lease agreements, and preparation of various internal and external reports to funders and governmental entities. Full-time position.
- Directs the annual budgeting process, assist in the preparation of center budget, assist CEO, COO, and others as necessary with budget preparation and review for reasonableness, prepare consolidated budget for the funders and make recommendations on funding allocations.
- Assists Program Directors with financial management of their programs. Helps identify problem areas in financial management and assist in development of resolutions.
- Implements and maintains an internal control system to ensure adequate segregation of duties and minimize the possibility of fraud or theft. Ensures compliance with fiscal policies and procedures.
- Monitors the preparation of financial statements to ensure completeness and accuracy. Determines the proper accounting treatment for transactions so that accounting records will be in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversees the automated accounting network to ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, payroll checks, accounts receivable and accounts payable checks, accurate adjusting journal entries and proper allocation of certain income and expense to appropriate departments.
- Prepares financial summaries of Kids' Voice's financials for the CEO.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal laws related to all taxes, inclusive of payroll, income sales, property, etc. Take appropriate action necessary to maintain the exempt status of Kids' Voice.
- Coordinates the annual financial operations of Kids' Voice and ensures procedures are in compliance with various pronouncements and circulars from the Indiana State Board of Accounts, Office of Management and Budget, the Financial Accounting Standards Board and other applicable entities.
- Prepares certain reports on behalf of Kids' Voice as required by state and federal regulation bodies, or as required by grantors and funders.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial statements to ensure accuracy, maximum contact utilization, proper recording of income and expense and balance sheet items and appropriate auto-fund allocations. Coordinate any necessary corrections with appropriate Kids' Voice staff.
- Maintains appropriate charts of accounts for all funding sources/contracts/cost centers as well as income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Provide technical assistance to Kids' Voice staff relative to financial matters.
- Prepares for approval by the CEO all general journal entries.
- Controls the release of vendor payments.
- Supervises the daily accounting, payroll voucher and claims processing functions and coordinate with outside computer service for generating timely financial reports.
- Maintains permanent records, administer corporate bank accounts, monitor cash flow, administer capital projects funds and oversee purchasing.
- Maintains fixed asset detail files for recording of depreciation, disposal, etc.
- Performs and reviews monthly reconciliation.
- Oversees hiring and onboarding process.
These functions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of tasks and functions for this position. Other tasks and functions may be assigned as needed to fulfill the mission of the organization.
Qualifications: (1) Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Finance or related area. (2) Five (5) years of experience in Accounting and Financial management, including three (3) years of supervisory experience. (3) Experienced in non-profit accounting policies, standards and procedures. (4) Experience in negotiating contracts and monitoring compliance. (5) Excellent written and oral communications skills. (6) Experience with automated data processing, QuickBooks and computer analysis.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Katherine Meger Kelsey.
Kids' Voice of Indiana is an equal opportunity employer