Outreach, Marketing and Volunteer Engagement Coordinator - Kids’ Voice of Indiana
- 18-Apr-2021 to 17-May-2021
- - Kids’ Voice of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Full benefits package includes health insurance, dental insurance, and more
The Outreach, Marketing and Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will have the opportunity to develop and implement strategy, grow Kids' Voice online presence and make a big contribution to both our programs and development departments. This position will report to the Director of Development. The Marketing and Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will assist in the story telling of Kids' Voice mission, events, and promotion of upcoming volunteer opportunities and fundraising events.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
1. Managing and updating the Kids' Voice website. Content creation for website, and strategy for SEO.
2. Creating social media content that represents the brand message and personality of Kids' Voice on our main social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, IG Stories, Twitter and LinkedIn.)
3. Interacting with followers, other community organizations, and other accounts to keep engagement levels up.
4. Development and the implementation of social media strategies and content development that promote programs and raise awareness of Kids' Voice.
5. Coordinating with the Programs and development teams regarding social media analytics, growth strategies, etc.
6. Working with members of the board marking and development subcommittee on projects on an as needed.
7. Using social media management tools such as Hootsuite and Facebook Creator Studio.
8. Photographing and filming video footage various events or coordinating with professionals for these services for major events.
9. Staffing our space at nonprofit fairs, job fairs, other community functions.
10. Assisting with community outreach and fundraising events as needed.
11. Assisting with program, grants and other initiatives as needed.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
13. Processing Volunteer application.
14. Volunteer engagement and appreciation.
15. Maintaining Volunteer communication and database.
- Experience with social media platforms, Canva, WordPress, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative and the like. Other IT knowledge a plus.
- Passion for the mission of Kids' Voice.
- Willingness to stay active and current (on trends) with all relevant social media outlets.
- Creativity and a vigorous work ethic.
- Sensitivity to different opinions and to matters with diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A friendly, responsive, and patient approach.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Reliable transportation.
- The ability to work well with individuals and groups.
- The ability to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, strategic communications, journalism or nonprofit management.
- A sense of humor.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Katherine Meger Kelsey.
Kids' Voice of Indiana is an equal opportunity employer