Graphic Designer - Indiana Repertory Theatre
- 18-Apr-2021 to 14-May-2021
- - Indiana Repertory Theatre
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Live theatre connects us to meaningful issues in our lives and has the power to shape the human experience. The mission of the Indiana Repertory Theatre is to produce top-quality, professional theatre and related activities, providing experiences that will engage, surprise, challenge, and entertain people throughout their lifetimes, helping us build a vital and vibrant community.
The Graphic Designer provides consistent high-quality design, ensures brand continuity across all of the IRT's materials and communications, and works closely with all departments, as well as printers, ad representatives, actors, donors, and patrons.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and update the standards of IRT's visual brand
- Establish and meet deadlines for internal and external printed and digital Marketing materials including programs, season and single ticket campaigns, direct mail pieces, and advertising; Development (fundraising) design needs including newsletters, appeal campaigns, invitations, and annual reports; and Education brochures and postcards for programs and performances
- Design and maintain content on the IRT's website
- Manage creation of all institutional signage
- Work with the Marketing department to support play-specific collaborations and events
- Organize shot lists for production and archival photo shoots
- Work closely with the Marketing team and freelance designer to schedule and execute print and digital needs
- Other duties as determined by the Director of Marketing & Sales
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication Design, or other Design related field.
- Required 3-5 years of professional, related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Expertise in MAC OS; Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with web and mobile content management systems (such as eRube or WordPress)
- Expertise in packaging projects for print and designing graphics for digital
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proofreading skills and strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work without supervision and take ownership in a fast-paced work environment
- Photography experience preferred
- Videography experience encouraged
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery
- Must communicate and express oneself with staff or vendors over the telephone or other electronic communication devices
- Must be able to sit at a work station for extended periods of time
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
What experience or qualities do you feel make you a uniquely qualified match for this position? What excites you about this position?
Talk about your professional development efforts and how you stay current on trends and advancements in technology that affect your work?
How do you acclimate yourself to a new role at an organization?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Danielle M. Dove, Director of Marketing & Sales by May 14. Please share salary expectations.
No calls, please.