Site Coordinator, 21st Century Community Learning Center - Martin Luther King Community Center
- 19-Apr-2021 to 18-May-2021
- - Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $40,000 - $42,000 annual salary; ($250 monthly health reimbursement agreement)
- Full Time
Limited Duration Position - This is a 40 hour per week, 12-month grant funded position, renewable based on availability of funding from the State of Indiana.
Martin Luther King Community Center is seeking a team member to serve as site coordinator for the 21stCentury Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) at MLK Center in partnership with James Whitcomb Riley School #43 in IPS. This is a grant fully funded by the Indiana Department of Education, to provide out of school time activities that support literacy, youth development and parent engagement. This program serves children in grades Pre-K through 6th grade.
We seek a person with a strong education and youth development background who can coordinate the day-to-day activities, supervise children, and serve as team leader for youth workers. This position works in conjunction with the Literacy Coordinator and reports to the Family Engagement Director. This position is also part of the Family Success team to ensure families are connected to all aspects of our trauma-informed two-generation supports.
A typical day as the 21st CCLC Coordinator might include:
- Meeting with a parent and the Family Success Coach to enroll new students in the after school or summer program;
- Transport children from School #43 to MLK Center after school;
- Meeting with Literacy Coordinator to incorporate reading topics into weekly schedule;
- Facilitating team building session with youth workers;
- Assisting in classroom to maintain CCDF ratio for supervision
- Entering student attendance and grade reports into Cayen data system;
- Communicating with external evaluator about collecting teacher surveys;
- Connecting parents to Family Success Program staff for coaching and parent engagement, or to address student behavior concerns;
- Submitting supply order to Office Manager for summer camp celebration;
- Attending mandatory professional development training with IDOE and 21st Century sites.
This job might be for you if:
- You have experiencing coordinating and supervising an educational environment for youth. You love working with children and understand classroom management.
- You have experience working in a team leader capacity. You like coaching people and building on their strengths.
- You like technology. You're comfortable with computers, and data entry and communicating via email or #Slack
- You like helping people. You're patient, and level-headed and cool under pressure to deal with questions and concerns from volunteers, team members, co-workers and supervisors.
- You can ask for help. Things can be different every day in this program, and it's important that we're fully staffed and organized. State inspectors for CCDF can pop-up any day at any time.
- Track program data in conjunction with Director of Operations and external grant evaluator
- You can contribute to a supportive team atmosphere and shared responsibilities at the Center and School #43
- You can meet all requirements of the CCDF licensed-exempt certification, including back-ground check, valid driver's license and negative drug screen, and ensure that your coworkers do too.
- You have a Child & Youth Care (CYC) Certification.
To be offered this position, you need to have some experience successfully leading a youth program. We are a close-knit and fast-moving team.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.