Career Coach – Indianapolis Urban League
- 19-Apr-2021 to 18-May-2021
- - Indianapolis Urban League
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Indianapolis Urban League (IUL) Career Coach will provide direct career coaching services to the IUL Workforce Development Program participants, including the New Beginnings and Professional Advantage programs. Assists with facilitating monthly work readiness workshops and administers career assessments; conducts job search skills and mock interviewing workshops; assists participants with creating resumes, cover letters, assists with developing local employer hiring initiatives, ensures that WD participants meet hiring requirements for specific employment positions; assist with placing program participants into employment opportunities; networks in public and private sectors to promote agency awareness. Assist with coordinating monthly employer speed interviews and annual spring and fall career fairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Facilitates during Workforce Development (WD) New Beginnings Program, Professional Advantage, and other WD work readiness programs and services
- Provides job search techniques and labor market information during monthly work readiness workshops
- Assists with developing 2nd chance ex-offender employer contacts
- Facilitates monthly or quarterly resume workshops
- Assists with coordinating monthly employer speed interviews
- Assists with coordinating annual spring and fall career fairs
- Communicates with public and program participants via email and/or telephone about WD programs
- Assist with establishing and nurturing employer contacts
- Identifies employment barriers and makes appropriate referrals to address and/or eliminate barriers
- Confirms and documents job placements (ex: check stubs and employment verifications) and retention weekly, and provides data monthly to Vice President of Programs
- Enters all employment verification, monthly contact attempts, and required employment program data into Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database weekly
- Prepares and updates monthly placements and provides data monthly to Vice President of Programs
- Assists participants with developing short and long-term goals, and Individual Professional Plans (IPP)
- Counsels program participants on various interview techniques
- Provide job leads via email and telephone
- Updates IUL Job Board monthly
- Assists with scheduling interviews and provide retention services to program participants and employers
- Conduct employed and unemployed monthly follow-up with all active program participants
- Attend workshops, seminars or conferences annually to further enhance skills, knowledge and capacity as Workforce Development Professional
- Secure a Workforce Development credential (ex.: Certified Resume Writer)
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) preferred from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of Spanish desirable but not required.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.