Development Director - WFHB
- 24-Apr-2021 to 23-May-2021
- - WFHB
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Do you have a passion for Community Radio and want to share it? Do you like making connections and building community partnerships? If so, WFHB needs you!
- Bachelor's degree preferred, plus either one year work experience in fundraising or two years of experience in a related area;
- or a combination of education and experience that provides the equivalent.
Candidate must possess:
- broad knowledge, understanding, and well-developed skills in fundraising;
- good computer literacy; Microsoft Office, database software
- proven ability to communicate effectively through oral presentation, written word, and graphic displays;
- mature judgment in analyzing and interpreting financial potential and evaluating prospective donors;
- the ability to effectively prioritize tasks;
- the ability to accomplish objectives through both individual and cooperative efforts.
- Reports to and is supervised by the General Manager.
- Reports to the Board of Directors when requested.
- Serves on committees as requested (e.g., the Finance and Development. Committees.) Trains and manages volunteers engaged in development / fundraising activities.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Development Director provides leadership for finding and acquiring sources of financial support for WFHB, both for operations and for capital expenditures. The ideal candidate not only honors our mission of cultural diversity, but is inspired by it, and motivated to see it through.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, contacts, cultivates, and solicits:
- individuals for multi-year annual gifts.
- individuals for large individual gifts and/or planned gifts.
- businesses for on-air underwriting contracts.
- Maintains and updates database of contacts and agreements with individual donors, businesses, non-profits and grant funders.
- Chairs Development and Grant committees.
- Identifies possible grant funding sources, develops ideas, and submits grant applications with assistance from Grants Committee.
- Develops marketing materials for underwriting, individual, and planned giving. '
- Participates in bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Coordinates sponsorship agreements with area non-profits.
- Coordinates activities with staff and volunteers through the General Manager.
- Develops, implements, and tracks semi-annual fund drives.
- Trains and coaches on-air staff and volunteers during on-air fundraising campaigns.
- Keeps the General Manager informed of progress, problems, and possible areas of improvement in fundraising.
- Works with staff and volunteers to coordinate outreach and marketing efforts.
- Provides recognition for donors and stewardship over donor gifts.
- Conducts follow-up assessments of funding appeals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website by May 31, 2021.