Care Coordinator - Damien Center
- 24-Apr-2021 to 23-May-2021
- - Damien Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Complete Benefits Package Available
- Full Time
Care Coordination Team
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
This position will connect individuals living with HIV to various health and social service programs and organizations. The Care Coordinator provides an individualized plan of care that includes medical, psychosocial, financial, and other supportive services based on the individual client needs The Care Coordinator will maintain a caseload of no fewer than 40 active clients, plus clients in maintenance status.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- Interview and assess client's eligibility and need for health and social services.
- Ensure the continuity of care, promote self-sufficiency by developing a plan of care and appropriate interventions to address client's concerns.
- Assist clients with enrolling in health insurance, including Medicaid, Medicare, ADAP, HIAP, MDAP, HIP, and the Ryan White Program, etc. and provide re-certifications when required.
- Assess client need for housing accommodations and complete appropriate housing application.
- Evaluate client need for emergency funds, such as Direct Emergency Financial Assistance (DEFA) to assist with rent, utilities, medications, etc.
- Provide referrals as needed to medical, optical, dental, mental health and substance abuse programs, community and government agencies, food pantry, support groups, legal assistance, transportation, etc.
- Perform home visits when required and as needed.
- Provide emotional support for clients and their families.
- Act as a liaison between client and all relevant service providers, programs, and resources.
- Educate clients and others about HIV and prevention using approved methods and educational information.
- Provide minimum of 85 hours of billable client support per month.
- Complete necessary paperwork and data entry, including entering case notes, within 24 hours of client service/interaction.
- Return phone calls within 48 hours.
- Collect necessary documentation, including quarterly plan of care being signed by client and update client demographics during quarterly plan of care meeting.
- Ensure client files are appropriately arranged based on IDOH auditing standards.
- Develop positive working relationships with other social service, medical, and mental health providers.
- Participate in agency fundraising and advocacy events as required by agency leadership.
- Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required. Experience with care coordination or client management experience required. Bilingual candidates preferred. Proven experience in working with minority populations and experience in working with transgender populations preferred.
Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.