Director of Workforce Development and Financial Stability - John Boner Neighborhood Centers
- 26-Apr-2021 to 25-May-2021
- - John Boner Neighborhood Centers
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The IndyEast Achievement Zone represents a two-generation strategy, recognizing the power of supporting both children and their families, who thrive when they are healthy and have access to exceptional educational opportunities for all members, strong economic supports, and deep networks of social capital.
The Director is responsible for providing administrative decision-making and implementation to help near eastside residents become more financially secure in the three critical areas: increased wages through workforce development programs; improved finances; and access to public benefits such as food stamps and earned income tax credits. Oversite of JBNC's Center for Working families case management, financial coaching, and workforce development programs and training.
- Leadership: Is accountable for the strategic planning, program development, personnel management, and overall operational administration including coordination of on-going activities to meet the program's established goals and objectives.
- Personnel Management: Efficiently manages assigned staff in a manner consistent with organizational policies and values. Maintains an employee feedback process to enhance work processes and employee understanding.
- Accountabilities: Ensures compliance with all grant, contracts, donor agreements and reporting requirements. Ensures that the program goals and objectives are met and provide service delivery in a manner consistent with all funding objectives.
- Continuous Improvement: Ensures optimal utilization of resources and maintain quality while reducing cost. Works with others to continually identify areas of improvement. Effective evaluation of results. Works continually toward the improvement of the program. Promotes the professional and personnel development of staff. Models expected behaviors and serves in a collaborative role to community center staff.
- Financial Management: Provides effective monitoring and financial management of the program. Seeks and recommends potential opportunities for cost containment. Identifies opportunities for resources and funding development. Responsible for program grant writing.
- Marketing/ Communication: Develops and maintains a communication system which assures effective flow of information. Responsible for the development of promotional materials for internal and/ or external publicity consistent with standards established by the community center.
- Community Building: Develops community collaborations and partners to address systemic issues that impact clients who are served by the programs of the community center. Develops and maintains effective relationships within the community networks.
- Program Management: Effectively monitors and evaluates overall program performance within organizational goals/objectives and within specific contracts or funding sources. Takes appropriate, course(s) of action to correct performance problems. Provides for the accurate collection of program data and submits timely reports as required by various funding sources and partner organizations.
- Requires a Master's degree in Social Services, Human Services or related field and 3-5 years of progressive experience; or a Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of progressive experience.
- 5+ years of supervisory and leadership experience.
- Requires the ability to lead quality improvement initiatives.
- Requires the ability to plan and manage the utilization of resources.
- Requires the ability to facilitate and lead work groups.
- Requires ability to apply personnel policies and procedures consistently and equitably.
- Requires knowledge of state and federal laws relative to assigned area.
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires ability to communicate sensitive issues with all levels of employees/management.
- Requires the ability to take initiative and meet objectives. Requires a high level of interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Requires strong customer service skills that promote team work and builds effective relationships.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.