Communications Manager - Downtown Indy, Inc.
- 26-Apr-2021 to 25-May-2021
- - Downtown Indy
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Based on experience and qualifications; Please provide salary expectation
- Full Time
Downtown Indy, Inc. exists to improve Downtown. It is action-oriented and addresses critical issues that affect Downtown's growth and well-being. DII focuses on planning and development, management and safety and marketing and activation of Downtown Indianapolis. DII has a strong team environment where success depends upon collaboration and coordination within the organization and with other agencies, businesses and government entities.
As part of the Marketing and Communications team, implement media relations to support DII and its program's outcomes, manage the media database and clip-tracking, pitch and respond to media requests, manage the social media strategy and implementation, as well as implement cross marketing opportunities. Serve as the primary content contributor for weekly e-news and web content of www.downtownindy.org.
I. Preferred Background, Experience and Skills
- Marketing, Public Relations or Communications-related Bachelors Degree
- 5-7 years marketing and communications experience
- Outstanding written and spoken communications skills
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of Downtown Indianapolis
- Strong writing/editing skills for journalistic, advertising copy and business communication styles
- Knowledge of local media
- Knowledge of production/publication process
- Experience managing social media strategy, analytics and implementation
- Staff and vendor management experience
- Detail oriented
- Ability to function on multiple projects
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Able to develop and implement project plans on schedule
- Good customer service skills
- Computer skills – IBM Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Delivra, Eventbrite
A. Market Downtown, DII and its programs through public relations, social media, cooperative opportunities and events.
- Develop and present written Downtown/DII/Marketing outcomes to DII staff, and IDMI Board.
- Share implementation responsibility with Senior Vice President Marketing and Events, Creative Brand Manager and Marketing Intern as outlined in communications plan and work plans.
- Maintain and update web content and contribute to DII website.
- Manage program communications plan development and implementation to generate earned media for Downtown, DII and core programs.
- Maintain media/news clip tracking.
- Promote Downtown through branding campaigns and tools including:
- Downtown Consumer map products
- Email products - Downtown, special emails & others
- DII presentations
- Downtown Holiday Guide
- Advance cross-marketing opportunities.
- Maintain media database for assigned media categories
- Promote Downtown as an ideal place to live, work and visit using social media and digital media tools.
- Generate, post and distribute content.
- Linked In, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook page – maintain DII page with assistance from events team and intern(s).
- Blog content and plan
- Support and contribute to DII app(s)
- Facilitate communications materials and communications strategies around signature Downtown events, including Circle of Lights® presented by IBEW 481 and nightly "Shining A Light" presentations on Monument Circle.
- Track leveraged and in-kind contributions.
B. Expand Base of Membership and Investment.
- Support annual operating campaign through member engagement and relationship management.
- Fulfill duties as needed to support Downtown marketing and branding
C. Continually Improve Productivity and Service.
- Report Downtown benchmarks and results.
- Manage vendors.
- Update Victory information (DII database).
- Prepare administrative reports.
- Recruit & manage interns.
- Commit to contributing to DII's desired work environment.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions through our website.
No calls please.