Marketing & Communications Coordinator (PT, Contract) - Indianapolis Men's Chorus
- 27-Apr-2021 to 26-May-2021
- - Indianapolis Men's Chorus
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator assists with the implementation of the organization's marketing, public relations, and overall communication efforts; including print and digital marketing, public/media relations, and brand standards. This position also serves as the IMC webmaster and contact for corporate sponsorships and program ad sales.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator reports to the President of the Board of Directors. The position is a part-time, contracted position. Candidates should plan to devote approximately 5-10 hours per week to IMC business from August 1 through June 1.
General Marketing Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a yearly print & digital marketing calendar for all projects
- Promote all IMC events and concerts to the broader Indianapolis community
- Design print and digital materials for all marketing & communications efforts
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors as necessary including preparing written reports for meetings, tracking audience demographic information and offering prompt & thoughtful responses to requests for information
- Attend concerts and events as needed as IMC staff. This occasionally calls for evenings & weekends
Public Relations & Advertising Responsibilities
- Ensure the creation and dissemination of press releases for concerts, programs, and special events of the chorus
- Update all community and event calendars with event details
- Develop strategy for cultivating, securing, and sustaining program advertisements and/or season sponsorships in consultation with the budget
- Coordinate the ordering and distribution of printed materials including development communications, concert programs, signage, etc
- Maintain IMC website using Squarespace
- Create content and regularly engage audiences on IMC social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube)
- Craft and distribute quarterly digital donor communication newsletter
- Coordinate email marketing campaigns using MailChimp
- Candidates should have proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp, Squarespace, social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube), and video editing software.
- Preferably 1-3 years of previous marketing experience or college education and internships.
$6,000 in total compensation for an engagement period running August 1 through June 1.
About the Indianapolis Men's Chorus (IMC):
The Indianapolis Men's Chorus entertains, educates, and promotes inclusive community through musical excellence. Now in our 31st season, the IMC is a volunteer chorus that gracefully interprets everything from classical, spiritual, Broadway, and world music with agility and spirit. Under the artistic direction of Greg Sanders, the IMC is celebrating an era of renewed growth.
In addition to our own concerts, the IMC has shared the stage with local and national artists and performing groups including:
- Butler University Chorale
- Dance Kaleidoscope
- Opera and stage artist Jacquelynne Fontaine
- Cabaret performer Ann Hampton Callaway
- Indianapolis Children's Chorus
- Folk singer/songwriter Holly Near
- Indianapolis Opera
- Indianapolis Symphonic Chorus
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Purdue Varsity Glee Club
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to be considered for this position.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.