Therapist, Domestic Violence and Counseling Services – Children’s Bureau, Inc.
- 30-Apr-2021 to 29-May-2021
- - Children’s Bureau, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Therapist is responsible for providing trauma focused therapeutic interventions individually to clients of all ages including children as well as be willing to provide these interventions in a group setting as needed.
Here's what you can expect in the way of specific job responsibilities as well as time allocation estimates:
- Analytically provide counseling support to a caseload of individuals, families, and groups working to achieve individualized treatment goals, resolve legal issues, and achieve family reunification or preservation.
- Proactively guide clients through clear, beneficial counseling methods to accomplish client-set goals as well as the goals of the organization
- Complete bio-psycho-social assessments to determine level of care needed for Outpatient services
- Maintain the high integrity of the therapeutic standards outlined by professional degrees and licenses
Therapy Support (50%)
- Efficient and timely communication with Department of Child Services, legal departments, and other various institutions related to clients
- Thorough completion of monthly reports and documentation of all contacts with client and related contacts
To be successful in this role, you need to have the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Master's degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy
- Must have one of the following licensures: LMHCA, LMHC, LMFTA, LMFT, LCSW, or LSW.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be willing to work at least two evenings a week.
- Experience in providing individual therapy.
- Knowledge of working with adults and children navigating the legal system and/or Department of Child Services, as well as basic skills in group, individual, and family counseling
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization & time management skills
- Valid driver's license with valid insurance
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Children's Bureau does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.